Notices
Asian Countries If you live in an Asian Country (such as Japan, Korea or China) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

JKs in Korea

Old 01-27-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, the Korondos are pretty cool looking. Reminded me of a cross between a Jeep and a Suzuki.
Funny to see a lot of vehicles over there with from-the-factory turbo running around. Everything from small cars to minivans!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:00 PM
JK Newbie

The reason everything from the factory has a turbo on it is because the automobiles are taxed by the liter size of the engine. So, you can have a small engine (4 cyl) with a turbo and still have good hp and gas milage. Most of the Jeep Wranglers sold here are 2.4L turbo diesels. And the way they drive around here you would think you are in a NASCAR race or something. But, you can aftermarket anything here from the little Kia's to the Lambo's. I see Avante's here with intercoolers so large the front bumper is cut completely away and is bigger than the radiator. I also saw a turbo Smart car. That little thing would really go. Fun country where the sky is the limit when it comes to tuning a car. I just wished there was more support for Jeeps here. But maybe someday as sales pick up. The turbo diesel seems to be really great vehicle. The U.S. is supposed to offer it 2010 or was it 2009. I want the 6.4L HEMI Wrangler Unlimited SRT8 series (Chrysler may one day offer it)...
Old 08-07-2011, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in South Korea now and have been looking for some trails or anyone to do some trail riding with? Is there anyone in Korea that can help me with any info? (I'm at Camp Humphreys)
Old 12-11-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lane87
I'm in South Korea now and have been looking for some trails or anyone to do some trail riding with? Is there anyone in Korea that can help me with any info? (I'm at Camp Humphreys)
If you find anything, let me know. I am interested in playing around with the jeep. I'm at Osan.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found some really easy dirt roads that follow the river almost completely from Camp Humphreys to Osan... I'd like to go back out and see just how far it goes. Send me a personal message if you want to go try to check it out.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lane87
I found some really easy dirt roads that follow the river almost completely from Camp Humphreys to Osan... I'd like to go back out and see just how far it goes. Send me a personal message if you want to go try to check it out.
Sounds good, but i wont have much time for fun on the weekends until the holidays are over.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone ever visit any of the local Jeep dealers? Since they sell export Jeep's here, I was wondering if they sold the MOPAR accessories that are available too… I heard the closest Jeep dealer to me is in Suwon, so I might have to go check it out.

Its eating me alive, I want to customize and modify my Jeep badly but the difficulty of sourcing parts or cost of having stuff shipped is killing me.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just wanted to share this...

I think i found the Jeep shop here, now i just have to get one of my Korean buddies to translate and tell me where its at on the map.

ht tp://any4x4.co.kr/index.php

Saw an older YJ yesterday that had sticker on it with this web address. I poked around the site and they have quit a few wrangler accessories.

Last edited by aaron97; 01-22-2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: clicky
Old 01-21-2012, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Still haven't had a chance to head up to AnyShop4x4 yet, but i was able to get my korean buddy to help me find it on the map.

If you use Google map (or any GPS) just search for 37.416557,126.850709 and you will see where its at.

Here is their youtube page with a few clips. http://www.youtube.com/user/dolf8278/videos
Old 01-22-2012, 01:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome!! Nice investigating!! Just an update on my jeep, I'm getting ready to order my 35s from tirerack! I decided to order 15 inch steel wheels and 35s because it's way cheaper than getting 35 for my 17s. Since I only have a 2 inch lift I'm going to cut my fender flares to clear the tires. If you wanted to get together I could use the extra help one weekend. Then maybe we could head out to the river road and do some exploring/wheeling.

Quick Reply: JKs in Korea