Notices
Asian Countries If you live in an Asian Country (such as Japan, Korea or China) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

JKs in Korea

Old 01-22-2012, 02:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lane87
Awesome!! Nice investigating!! Just an update on my jeep, I'm getting ready to order my 35s from tirerack! I decided to order 15 inch steel wheels and 35s because it's way cheaper than getting 35 for my 17s. Since I only have a 2 inch lift I'm going to cut my fender flares to clear the tires. If you wanted to get together I could use the extra help one weekend. Then maybe we could head out to the river road and do some exploring/wheeling.
Alright, just let me know what weekend you want to try. I work at least one every weekend, but I will come help out if I get the day off. I ordered the IPF H4 headlight conversion and figured i order the wheel spacers while i was at it, that way i have them here and ready to go, just in case i stubble across a set of 35's locally.

Also, just wanted to say, if you need to order stuff, Northridge4x4 was great to deal with, i called them and placed the order over the phone and they are shipping the stuff straight here and they didn't hike up the shipping rate like another forum sponsor did. In fact, they even quoted me a really good shipped price for a lift kit... now i cant wait for tax season to come and go.

Just checked my schedule, i will be off this coming Sat and work Sun. Not sure how the weekend after that will be yet, haven't figured out Feb's schedule.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds awesome, I work a weird schedule too, I can't remember if I'm off this Saturday but I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Aaron, I work this weekend, we'll have to figure out sometime to get together soon though. Maybe we can make a trip up to AnyShop soon to check it out!

Hey have you checked out Military Jeepers? It's a great forum for only Military. check it out. I'm on there as RubiRed

Last edited by Lane87; 01-24-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lane87
Aaron, I work this weekend, we'll have to figure out sometime to get together soon though. Maybe we can make a trip up to AnyShop soon to check it out!

Hey have you checked out Military Jeepers? It's a great forum for only Military. check it out. I'm on there as RubiRed
I made it up to AnyShop 4x4 today. There was about 8 Jeeps there. One JK on a lift getting a 1.5" lift and one JKU getting new exhaust. I looked around their shop, they didn't really speak much English, so they just gave me a cup of coffee and let me wonder around the shop. I did spend some time talking to the Korean guy that was getting the 1.5" lift. They dont really stock much, but can order and install just about anything. The only thing they really had there was a few winches. They can get BFG and Mickey Thompson tires local but they aren't any cheaper than ordering online. The BFG KM2 285/70/17 was 400,000 won each and the Mickey's were 500,000 won.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

You didn't happen to be able to get any info on trails or anything out of them did you?
Old 01-28-2012, 12:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Aaron, he's the like to the "Humphreys Osan Jeepers group" There are a few more people on there.

http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=74
Old 09-12-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

It would be nice to see some pics of the area you guys are at and some wheeling. Hell throw some pics of the border up, that would be worth it just dont get shot in the process.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saravonshep
It would be nice to see some pics of the area you guys are at and some wheeling. Hell throw some pics of the border up, that would be worth it just dont get shot in the process.
Here is a couple videos from the DMZ Jeep Jamboree.

Lane87 put this video together.
http://youtu.be/WssRDMOmKw8 One of the Korean guys put this one together.
http://youtu.be/e6LvX_Xv3E4
Old 09-13-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Cool videos, looked like quite the get together. Was that all mostly military peeps? Or were their civilians as well. Thanks for posting that up!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saravonshep
Cool videos, looked like quite the get together. Was that all mostly military peeps? Or were their civilians as well. Thanks for posting that up!
I would say about 2/3's of them were Korean (civilian) and everyone else was military related (active duty, civilians and retirees).

Quick Reply: JKs in Korea