Notices
Armed Forces If you are serving our country by being a member of the Armed Forces and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members serving with you, this is the forum for you.

Armed Forces Care Packages for JK-Forum members

Old 03-31-2011, 11:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by murdadock
Lets See.....
A problem that we have in Afghanistan is that most Care Packages go to the Big Bases. Not the small camps where they need it the most.
x2 what murdadock says. I am fortunate being part of a Special Mission Unit on one the bigger FOB's right now, so I do fly aways to do my brand of work and trust me, these big Foward Operating Bases ain't the war. The scenario goes more like this if you live on one of the big bases, "I went to war and Garrison life followed me". The bubbas on the small Combat Outpost are the ones in real need for the care packages. When people on the big FOB's have time to complain and have near uprisings about chow halls running out of ice cream, you are DEFINITELY NOT with the boys doing the real missions.

Send stuff to one of these COP's and just address it to the "Chaplain" or "The Soldiers of":

COP Monti
APO AE 09310

COP Pirtle King
APO AE 09310

COP Penich
APO AE 09310

Packing tip: NEVER PACK SCENTED BAR SOAPS OR SIMILAR SMELLY ITEMS IN THE SAME CONTAINER WITH HOMEMADE GOODIES LIKE COOKIES, CAKES ETC. THE TREATS WILL TASTE LIKE CRAPPY SCENTED SOAP

Last edited by GCM 2; 03-31-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by murdadock
Lets See.....
A problem that we have in Afghanistan is that most Care Packages go to the Big Bases. Not the small camps where they need it the most. You listed most the items we need but I will re-list the ones that need emphasis:
(SMALL CAMPS)
Magazines (testosterone based, Cars, Trucks, Jeeps, Guns, Fishing, etc...)
Toe Nail Clippers
Boot Socks (Hot and Cold Weather)
White Socks
Shave Cream
Coffee
Coffee Filters
Powdered Creamer
Coffee Cups
Coffee Makers (Small)
More Magazines (we read these things til the covers fall off)
Wet Wipes are nice to have
Pistacios and other shelled nuts would be nice (Almonds and what not)
Gummy Bears are the bomb!

Most of us turn into minimalist here, especially the small places. Good coffee is so hard to come by. Chow hall coffee is like chewing bad coffee beans.

I can say that I can live on Magazines and Coffee.

As far as mailings.....there are so many places to get that info. Almost everyone knows someone in the Military. I advise addressing it to the Chaplain, they do a good job of getting it to those who really need it. You can even put in a note asking them to send it to Smaller Bases (COPs). Something like this:

TO:
The Troops (Attn: Chaplain)
FOB Tiny, APO AE......

Thank You America, We really love you and do what we do for YOU. Damn sure ain't for the money :-)

This is true, Most care packages never make it out to the dudes needing them the most. Just like when celebrities "Visit" bases, the meet with the "Fobbits" and leave the ground pounders for spoils.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

You guys think chow hall coffee is bad you need to try the coffee on a ship at about 0400 that was made about 2200. Mmmmm chunky and a great paint stripper!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Boilerhoss
You guys think chow hall coffee is bad you need to try the coffee on a ship at about 0400 that was made about 2200. Mmmmm chunky and a great paint stripper!
x2 on that shitty coffee. I was on a sub in the early '90s and for some reason (maybe I was just young and naive) didn't appreciate how bad the mess coffee was until I just went to sea a few months ago on a Tiger Cruise with buddies. That stuff was nasty!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:36 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, i have recieved some requests for small items and have gotten them shipped out myself no problem. The one store i went to asked me why i was buying so many of certain items in an offhanded comment. I explained why and It happened to be the manager i was speaking with. He gave me a whole gross of really nice boot socks to ship out. Very cool of him to do. Someone got a ton of socks!

I hope everything arrived fine and landed in the hands of the right people!

I am happy to do this, so please do keep the PM's coming if you need something I will make every effort to get it to you.

However, In light of my health & therefor fiancial situation I really dont know from day to day how much longer i will be able to keep it up; as for my own personal collecting & shipping, so far so good but there is a day coming where i will have to stop.

I am NOT asking for money or items from anyone, so dont send me any please as I will simply return it to you for you to send out on your own, as is the intent of this thread. This effort is to go to our soldiers, and them alone.

I believe in our troops and I am elated to help them in any way I can. I recieved items in the mail when i was a ground pounder and they meant the world to me, so I get it. I know how much the simple things mean when you are carrying everything you own on your back.

I do not know if anyone else has recieved any requests as this thread is rather innactive, but I have and I have shipped everything i have been asked for. Hope you loved it Sir's & Ma'm's alike! The printed magazines are a little tough for me to get as I get electronic stuff myself, but i sent everything i could get in the titles you requested. To the guy that wanted the Bible on a flashdrive/reader thing. I hope I got you a decent one (i really dont know much about the techy gadget things), pass the extra ones on to whomever feels that need. You should have enough batteries for them for a while. The 5 surefires I sent where from my own stash, couldnt really afford to buy a bunch of those but you have what I could get my hands on and a couple dozen batteries too. I hope all the other little things where a nice surprise and get to a good home.

If for some reason you send me a PM and i dont respond, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post here about it.
I ALWAYS return any PM i get, so if you get no response, It's because i didnt get it, or am not around to recieve it.

God bless you all, keep your heads down & come home safe to those who love you.

I honestly hope someone else will pick up the gauntlet here and keep this going.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

It's an awesome thing to read through and find threads like this, it reminds me there still are Americans that care. Thanks to all that keep us in mind.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:58 AM
JK Newbie

WOW Happy Thank You so much, you are the best!
Old 10-01-2019, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GCM 2
x2 what murdadock says. I am fortunate being part of a Special Mission Unit on one the bigger FOB's right now, so I do fly aways to do my brand of work and trust me, these big Foward Operating Bases ain't the war. The scenario goes more like this if you live on one of the big bases, "I went to war and Garrison life followed me". The bubbas on the small Combat Outpost are the ones in real need for the care packages. When people on the big FOB's have time to complain and have near uprisings about chow halls running out of ice cream, you are DEFINITELY NOT with the boys doing the real missions.

Send stuff to one of these COP's and just address it to the "Chaplain" or "The Soldiers of":

COP Monti
APO AE 09310

COP Pirtle King
APO AE 09310

COP Penich
APO AE 09310

Packing tip: NEVER PACK SCENTED BAR SOAPS OR SIMILAR SMELLY ITEMS IN THE SAME CONTAINER WITH HOMEMADE GOODIES LIKE COOKIES, CAKES ETC. THE TREATS WILL TASTE LIKE CRAPPY SCENTED SOAP
Between murdadock and GCM these comments are SPOT on!

Thanks to ALL my brothers in arms.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:07 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Hi,

This is a 8 year old thread, please start a new one. Also, please please PM me which branch of service your served as we do have an icon for members who would like to be recogonized as a veteran. Thank you.

Bob

Thread closed

Quick Reply: Armed Forces Care Packages for JK-Forum members