Notices
Armed Forces If you are serving our country by being a member of the Armed Forces and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members serving with you, this is the forum for you.

Moving to Ft Carson Soon

Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOBX
Um...wow. Didn't expect that one lol
jokes
Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man I'm requesting Carson and boy I hope I get it, or go back to Lewis. Enjoy, I love the outdoors and that place will be perfect for me.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Ft. Carson

I am currently in Korea, I was trying to get back to Lewis, but DA had other plans. So this summer the family and I will be heading to Carson. Driven thru Colorado a few times, but never spent much time there. Looking forward to getting out on the trails and hopefully making the 7ish hour trip to Moab while I'm there. Hopefully I'll see some of you all out on the trails.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

I just arrived to Carson this last week and am still getting my bearings. Only mobilized here for a year, so I'm not permanent. Hoping to meet some other JK owners at some point. Are there meets or anything?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

Default Me too!

Ya dude, I was at Lewis in 09-11 then made the mistake of getting stationed at HAAF Ga. This place is so flat!
I should be at Carson in Sep. Im Deff down for MOAB.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Carson is awesome, best post in the army. I have been at Lewis for 2 years and I'd go back to Carson right now if they let me!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

There are a bunch of military jeepers there that do monthly runs. I got moved to Sam and want to go back there every day!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SOBX
So, I have been in Colorado Springs for a few weeks so far and I haven't seen anyone from JK-Forum. Most of the Jeepers I have been riding with have been from MJ, but I'm keeping an eye open. One thing I have noticed about this place is that no one waves back. Everyone seems to bee caught up in their own little world like they're robots or something. What's up Colorado? Chillax and enjoy your life!
I'm new to the Forum, not so new to the Carson area. We were stationed there from 2005-10 and retired back to CO last year. My Jeep is still a DD, but I'm working on increasing the inherent capabilities and getting out off the road and out/about in CO. The "Jeep wave" is not all that common (unfortunately) maybe 1:5 will wave back on a good day. Some days I think I'm the only cat out there w/o two broken arms and/or is unaffected by Polio as I'm the only one who waves; still get more waves on the West side than up North.

I too will be looking to link up with some folks from JK Forum. I am not an avid rock-crawler, and the majority of my experience has been on unimproved roads, OHRV areas and/or mud some good muddy trails in TN/KY. I hear Trail Damage has good maps of local trails. I'm "otherwise located" again but will be back this Spring.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

I am not stationed at Carson but was born and raised in Colorado Springs. I am currently stationed at Fort Bliss. I get back as often as I can though!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Carson was the best post I've been to. Stewart sucks, too hot. Hood is the ghetto except you have Austin close. Tons of outdoor stuff to do and endless trails. During winter your options decrease with the snow. I bought one of the trail books for Colorado when I was stationed there in. 03/04 in the Medevac unit.

Quick Reply: Moving to Ft Carson Soon