Notices
Armed Forces If you are serving our country by being a member of the Armed Forces and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members serving with you, this is the forum for you.

What I Like About The Air Force

Old 04-07-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay as far away from the Flight Line as possible!!! If you dont know what the flight line is then your doing pretty good hahah. I loved being a crew chief on A10's but niw that im working heavies
Old 04-07-2013, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was called the Air Service now, since force is such an aggressive word.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sgt Mack
I thought it was called the Air Service now, since force is such an aggressive word.
HOT FUZZ
Old 04-08-2013, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Never crossed into the blue but its nice when they let us army guys eat in your chow halls....somehow the airforce really finds a way to take the DFAC to a whole new level
Old 04-08-2013, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

As an retired Army guy, I always enjoyed hearing the AF folks complain that their deployment to Bagram was 90 day or six months long. Then they would look at me and say so how long is your deployment? They stopped whining when I said 15 months.

I met some great Americans who were doing fantastic work in the AF and am proud of each one of them, even the 90 day cherries.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Trust me. I'm 5'9" 210 and lift 6 days a week. You can have muscle and comfortably handle the AF. Off road racing my dirt bike is by far more strenuous than anything I so PT related. I'm also not a JTAC or PJ. The flight line is a god awful place. I have been an F16 crew chief for 15 years. It's rewarding as hell though. No disrespect to the Army guys. I was bunkin with the 101st in Afghanistan while they were there for 18 months and I was there for 7. Do your research and ask questions. You will find out everything you need to know. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

To all of you posting that have served/ are serving , thank you! You all are what inspired me. I've been trying to go to an academy for the last 8 years, and honestly Annapolis was my top choice. But I just wanted to do my part so I didn't care where I ended up. I went to summer seminars at all 3 major academies, I ended up falling in love with USAFA. I was getting pretty pumped up to go to any one of these, and I don't want to come off as over confident, but I was fairly certain that I would get that chance. But about a week after I returned from those seminars, I was hospitalized for 5 days and diagnosed with Crohn's disease. So now I'm medically disqualified and trying to get a waiver, but it's not hopeful. I'll find my way to give back to the country in some way tho. Best of luck to those who do join. You all have my utmost respect.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jake9897
To all of you posting that have served/ are serving , thank you! You all are what inspired me. I've been trying to go to an academy for the last 8 years, and honestly Annapolis was my top choice. But I just wanted to do my part so I didn't care where I ended up. I went to summer seminars at all 3 major academies, I ended up falling in love with USAFA. I was getting pretty pumped up to go to any one of these, and I don't want to come off as over confident, but I was fairly certain that I would get that chance. But about a week after I returned from those seminars, I was hospitalized for 5 days and diagnosed with Crohn's disease. So now I'm medically disqualified and trying to get a waiver, but it's not hopeful. I'll find my way to give back to the country in some way tho. Best of luck to those who do join. You all have my utmost respect.
Not sure how old you are, but the Air Force Academy has an age limit, you can not be past your 23rd birthday by July 1. Good luck with the others though, and fighting Crohn's.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by King_
Not sure how old you are, but the Air Force Academy has an age limit, you can not be past your 23rd birthday by July 1. Good luck with the others though, and fighting Crohn's.
I'm 18 and I appreciate it!

Quick Reply: What I Like About The Air Force