Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

North Ohio Trails

Old 08-08-2010, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post North Ohio Trails

Im stationed in Lorain OH just west of Cleveland and looking for someplace close by to go. Just got a new JK and I want to go have some fun with it. If anyone knows some spots let me know.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dyer! Welcome to the forum neighbor! There isn't much in Ohio for wheeling to my knowledge. I know that a lot of the guys in eastern ohio hit up a place called jeep school or head into PA. Congrats on the new purchase. You're going to have a ton of fun!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Yes sir Dyer born and raised but only there 6 days a month these days
Old 09-28-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

There is a few trails, but all would be a few hours away. Nothing up on the North Coast. Might as well head into Michigan. Silver Lake even!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

www.jeepskool.com

The group has a place just past Streetsboro area that we all go play around at. Take's about an hour to get there if you jump on the turnpike. They have trails for stock rigs up to heavy modified...awesome place, awesome people to chill with. Check it out.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKRoobi
www.jeepskool.com

The group has a place just past Streetsboro area that we all go play around at. Take's about an hour to get there if you jump on the turnpike. They have trails for stock rigs up to heavy modified...awesome place, awesome people to chill with. Check it out.
X2 (+10 characters)
Old 11-11-2010, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

There's a place down below Youngstown called yellow creek. Never been there but I've heard it's pretty good.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepQuattro
X2 (+10 characters)
X3

Jeepskool is a great place for all degree's of modified Jeeps and other off road vehicles. I live about 10 minutes away from you, to the west. There is an "unofficial" place across from the ford plant on baumhart road just north of the rail road track bridge, i have not been back there yet, but i may go and walk the area sometime soon if i have time. That's just a place to go mess around in, but Jeepskool can keep you busy all weekend long. Their next run is the first full weekend of december.

Here is a pic of me doing "ski jump" this past weekend.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0010.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	101442
Old 04-01-2018, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
X3

Jeepskool is a great place for all degree's of modified Jeeps and other off road vehicles. I live about 10 minutes away from you, to the west. There is an "unofficial" place across from the ford plant on baumhart road just north of the rail road track bridge, i have not been back there yet, but i may go and walk the area sometime soon if i have time. That's just a place to go mess around in, but Jeepskool can keep you busy all weekend long. Their next run is the first full weekend of december.

Here is a pic of me doing "ski jump" this past weekend.
Attachment 101442

Hey Yamaha90, I know this post is old, but would you happen to know if the Baumhart location is still there? And not only that, but have any new locations appeared around northern Ohio?
I live about 45 minutes from Baumhart in Lorain and my buddy and I usually go up to Bundy Hill in Michigan, but are still looking for places near us. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2018, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Check out southington off-road park
The following users liked this post:
CMHJK (08-25-2019)

Quick Reply: North Ohio Trails