Notices
Announcements Important announcements regarding changes, additions or general information regarding JK-Forum can be found here.

JK Recall

Old 03-05-2014, 09:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Farmall12
I was just referring to the leaking transmission line. The oil consumption issue is something totally different that i have come to terms with.
just depends if your vehicle vin is in the recall list. Your issues may just be age or wear. In the case, you might be paying. I would just do it myself. The lines aren't expensive and they are easy to change.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking down....and doing it

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
just depends if your vehicle vin is in the recall list. Your issues may just be age or wear. In the case, you might be paying. I would just do it myself. The lines aren't expensive and they are easy to change.
Yup...I agrree. I going to break down and do it this weekend. I would have assumed that my 2008 JK was vin range, but oh well.

I have heard some banter that there was a design improvement on these transmission lines. How would I know if I am picking up the most current design from the parts department or grabbing the old one? Is there a part number out there of the revision?

Quick Reply: JK Recall