Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

2 killed in failed recovery, disclaimer DEAD BODY in video

Old 06-06-2014, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trail Duty View Post
Don't be so sure about that. Last time I was around a winch line that broke, it was a synthetic line, and it flew back like a bat out of hell. Albeit it was almost a 10 year old line.
I just bought a winch, synthetic. You make me feel like i don't wanna use it at all. So everytime i use my winch there's a possibility i'm gonna die?
Old 06-06-2014, 11:46 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by forestJK View Post
I just bought a winch, synthetic. You make me feel like i don't wanna use it at all. So everytime i use my winch there's a possibility i'm gonna die?
Yes. That possibility is there. Same as the possibility of dieing every time you drive or ride in/on any vehicle.
A couple years ago I read about a guy who was killed when his strap hook came flying through the pickup's rear window, striking him in the back of the head. His young daughter was seated next to him and witnessed the whole thing.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forestJK View Post
This is why u always want to use a "line dampener"
U can even throw a wet towel over the line if u don't have anything.

Originally Posted by ronjenx View Post
Yes. That possibility is there. Same as the possibility of dieing every time you drive or ride in/on any vehicle.
A couple years ago I read about a guy who was killed when his strap hook came flying through the pickup's rear window, striking him in the back of the head. His young daughter was seated next to him and witnessed the whole thing.
When I started wheeling about ten years ago I never had anyone to go with our anyone to pull me out if I got stuck, so I was always extra cautious to check water depths and such. Never got stuck till I owned my first Jeep and met all u awesome ppl! So I never learned how to do proper recovery except what I might have read in a magazine article..... Here's me pulling someone out for the first time ever. I did everything they did wrong in the original video of the deaths above.

Jeep jk breaks strap: http://youtu.be/avBPnUoq1X8 I remember seeing three hook fly above my windshield. The guy u was pulling out had a go pro on and you saw the hook pass only inches above my windshield. After this incident I stepped up my game and got ALL the proper recovery equipment and had experienced ppl show me how to use it all. Now I use it, and use it safely. I was lucky not to end up like the guys in the video.

sent from my obama monitoring device

Quick Reply: 2 killed in failed recovery, disclaimer DEAD BODY in video

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: