Any cool Jeep/4x4/offroading shows on Netflix? - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

Any cool Jeep/4x4/offroading shows on Netflix?

Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Any cool Jeep/4x4/offroading shows on Netflix?

So I just finished watching both the Bolivia and Polar specials that Top Gear UK did and it got me wondering if there were any other cool documentaries on Netflix. Anyone know of any? BTW, if you haven't seen those episodes, they're in season 9 and 14.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mangrove Mafia View Post
So I just finished watching both the Bolivia and Polar specials that Top Gear UK did and it got me wondering if there were any other cool documentaries on Netflix. Anyone know of any? BTW, if you haven't seen those episodes, they're in season 9 and 14.
I've searched as well. Cant find anything. I usually just watch random documentaries on like africa and stuff. lol
Old 01-29-2013, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have those episodes saved in my recordings so I can watch em every now and then! Have you seen One Car too Far? It's kind of a wannabe exploration style show but it's pretty setup. Still a good watch. Then there's also Xtreme 4x4, Gearz, Truck U, etc.

Wow, this just made me realize I watch too much tv. Lol
Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Scallywag View Post
I have those episodes saved in my recordings so I can watch em every now and then! Have you seen One Car too Far? It's kind of a wannabe exploration style show but it's pretty setup. Still a good watch. Then there's also Xtreme 4x4, Gearz, Truck U, etc.

Wow, this just made me realize I watch too much tv. Lol
I have every episode of one car too far recorded lol.

Hopefully they come out with a season 2
Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Junkie

Not a Jeep, not even recent... but one of the best documentaries I've ever seen is called Horatio's Drive: America's First Road Trip. The first real off road vehicle and traveled across the country to prove automobiles were the future... took 63 days!!!

Ken Burns's documentary celebrates the 100th anniversary of the first transcontinental road trip, one undertaken for the flimsiest of reasons: a $50 wager. In 1903, Dr. Horatio Nelson Jackson started up his Winton in San Francisco; sixty-three days later, he arrived in New York City. Burns captures Jackson's pioneering spirit using photos, letters and footage from a road trip he and his crew take to retrace Jackson's journey.
Burns might seem a bit slow if you're not familiar with his style of documentaries... but it's an amazing story.

The original topless, doorless off road vehicle...

Last edited by xerofall; 01-29-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by justbandit55 View Post

I have every episode of one car too far recorded lol.

Hopefully they come out with a season 2
I can't find One Car Too Far when I search in Netflix :(
Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can't find One Car Too Far when I search in Netflix :(
They might air some reruns of it on discovery sometime. You might just have to check for it every now and then. You're really not missing much if you haven't seen it. A wannabe Bear Grylls and an annoying little fat asian show what a Jeep TJ is capable of. I think most of us here just enjoy watching the Jeep more than anything! Lol
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I too am interested. But I do love that Top Gear Bolivia Special episode, one of my favorites! I'd also recommend the Africa special, its another favorite of mine and its largely off road
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by xerofall View Post
Not a Jeep, not even recent... but one of the best documentaries I've ever seen is called Horatio's Drive: America's First Road Trip. The first real off road vehicle and traveled across the country to prove automobiles were the future... took 63 days!!!
+1 for Horatio's Drive. It's on Netflix Streaming, and worth a watch, IMO.

And though it's not on streaming yet, I keep my eye out for Top Gear: Polar Special. Very entertaining trek to the magnetic north pole in a pair of arctic-built HiLuxes.

Last edited by DesertJeep; 01-30-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DesertJeep View Post

+1 for Horatio's Drive. It's on Netflix Streaming, and worth a watch, IMO.

And though it's not on streaming yet, I keep my eye out for Top Gear: Polar Special. Very entertaining trek to the magnetic north pole in a pair of arctic-built HiLuxes.
I just watched the Polar Express episode streaming last night. Episode 1, season 9 I believe. Hilarious watching Jeremy baja that Hilux in snow!

Quick Reply: Any cool Jeep/4x4/offroading shows on Netflix?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: