Available jobs thread!!! - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices

Available jobs thread!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Default Available jobs thread!!!

Since the economy is down, I figured we can start a thread for available jobs that you may know of. I'll start......

AVAILABLE POSITION:
Advertising Sales, Philadelphia, starting salary around $40k

PM me if you are interested.....
Old 11-05-2008, 11:31 AM
JK Freak

Default Satellite Control Job in Dulles, VA

Mission Controller

JOB SUMMARY

Perform all real-time satellite command and control activities required to operate company's imaging satellites. Operate ground terminals and systems to insure successful uplink of commands and downlink of image data critical to company business objectives. Perform mission planning activities to plan and validate command loads to collect requested satellite imagery and insure spacecraft/system constraints are enforced. Operate company's collection/tasking systems to perform real-time mission-critical collection planning for company's imaging satellites to fulfill customer needs. Identify and perform real-time anomaly resolution for space and ground system malfunctions and quickly return mission-critical systems to service. Develop, execute, and maintain procedures required for collection planning, mission planning, spacecraft operations, ground terminal operations, and orbit determination, including all support functions necessary to meet mission requirements. Perform data archival, trending, and analysis of spacecraft State of Health telemetry to support satellite engineers and insure continued operation of on-orbit resources. Plan specialized operations such as orbit adjust maneuvers, geometric and radiometric calibrations, etc. Perform Orbit Determination required to maintain satellite position knowledge required for daily operations. Perform any and all other related duties as assigned. This position involves 7x24-hour operations and requires working shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.

get your resume to me and I'll refer you, I do get a hefty bonus for this.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Jedi

Entry level drug dealer. Must have own handgun and transportation. References required. Habit VS sales percentage must not exceed 1%. Commissioned sales only. Salary commensurate with experience. Have connections in every city in the US. Resumes kept confidential. 1-800-IAM-HIGH
Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep View Post
Entry level drug dealer. Must have own handgun and transportation. References required. Habit VS sales percentage must not exceed 1%. Commissioned sales only. Salary commensurate with experience. Have connections in every city in the US. Resumes kept confidential. 1-800-IAM-HIGH
lol, I called that number because I laughed and then wondered who might actually have that number. Sadly it was just an advertisement for another 800 number...weird. you'd think they'd just forward the number.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Burger King, McDonalds, Sonic, Taco Bell, Checkers, Hardees are all hiring here, think they are hiring everywhere.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Maybe we should just post actual jobs. No offense to anyone that works in fast food.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JackMac4 View Post
lol, I called that number because I laughed and then wondered who might actually have that number. Sadly it was just an advertisement for another 800 number...weird. you'd think they'd just forward the number.
LMAO I ain't believin you did that. I just made that up off the top of my head. LOL You ain't right.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by oZmonKey View Post
Mission Controller

JOB SUMMARY

Perform all real-time satellite command and control activities required to operate company's imaging satellites. Operate ground terminals and systems to insure successful uplink of commands and downlink of image data critical to company business objectives. Perform mission planning activities to plan and validate command loads to collect requested satellite imagery and insure spacecraft/system constraints are enforced. Operate company's collection/tasking systems to perform real-time mission-critical collection planning for company's imaging satellites to fulfill customer needs. Identify and perform real-time anomaly resolution for space and ground system malfunctions and quickly return mission-critical systems to service. Develop, execute, and maintain procedures required for collection planning, mission planning, spacecraft operations, ground terminal operations, and orbit determination, including all support functions necessary to meet mission requirements. Perform data archival, trending, and analysis of spacecraft State of Health telemetry to support satellite engineers and insure continued operation of on-orbit resources. Plan specialized operations such as orbit adjust maneuvers, geometric and radiometric calibrations, etc. Perform Orbit Determination required to maintain satellite position knowledge required for daily operations. Perform any and all other related duties as assigned. This position involves 7x24-hour operations and requires working shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.

get your resume to me and I'll refer you, I do get a hefty bonus for this.

Hey Oz, what kind of prior experience is required? I haven't much satellite experience, but do work heavily in IT / computer field... got bachelors in Info Science... its a related on a tangent...

shoot me an email if you think its related enough... that commute isn't too bad for me. Plus, its a bonus for ya.

Last edited by eaglemikeo; 11-05-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eaglemikeo View Post
Hey Oz, what kind of prior experience is required? I haven't much satellite experience, but do work heavily in IT / computer field... got bachelors in Info Science... its a related on a tangent...

shoot me an email if you think its related enough... that commute isn't too bad for me. Plus, its a bonus for ya.
Email sent.

----------------
Now playing: Metallica - Suicide & Redemption
via FoxyTunes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dutchboy101 View Post
This thread is a great idea.
Thanks

It would also be great to have a fellow Jeeper working with you.