Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

car seats in a 2 door jk!!!!

Old 12-05-2012, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car seats in a 2 door jk!!!!

anybody know if 2 car seats will fit in the back of a 2 door jk? were having twins and the jeep is our main mode of trans...not to mention i just got it and would like to hang on to her for years to come. any ideas??
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Twins? Dang. Me and my wife just had our first baby boy. I couldn't imagine twins but congrats tho. As far as the car seat goes I haven't tried it but have that you can, it was just a pain to get in and out with the top on.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Former Member

This reminds me why am so glad that my kids are teenagers now! Yes, you can fit two car seats safely in the back seat. The hardest thing will be getting them in and out.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

thank you both, im assuming it'll get easier as they grow and the car seats get smaller...
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Former Member

Once they can buckle themselves, life gets a lot easier.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Haha we just bought a car and I wish now we woulda gotten a SUV or bigger car. Really wished I could have talked her into a jku
Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

You'll want to look for compact rear facing seats, and you'll probably outgrow them and need forward facing before age 2, but they will fit.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Omg- twins- congrats. Well, I have a 4door and getting to the point where my 9month old is getting heavy to put in and out... I can only imagine it will be tougher for u when they are 20+ lbs... Gonna put some wear and tear on your back- lol. Good luck and treasure the moments. My little fatty is beating up my back, but it's all worth it.
PS- Save up for a JKU
Old 12-05-2012, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats! And thank you for your service. I've got a 2.5 yr now, and I can tell you that it can be done.. but it depends on how tall you and your wife are. I'm 6'5" and we have to put bug behind the passenger seat. When he was in rear faceing mode it was a trick to get him in. Best way is to put the seat in first and then the little one(s) after. If the top is down, different story. We used a graco seat and base combo and it worked out alright. You will need a few pool noodles to balance the seat base for the riht seat angle. And get a few mirrors to attach tothe rear head rests so yon check on them. the Bigg issue we really had was space for all the gear. It's a ton of fun and enjoy every minute of it.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Twins, huh? Well RIP buddy. We hardly knew ye.

Last edited by Terry Hesticles; 12-08-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Quick Reply: car seats in a 2 door jk!!!!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: