Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

car seats in a 2 door jk!!!!

Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Way to go!!

Twins!!??? Must of put in the double time... haha.. Congrats!! I had a two door when my boy was born, and putting that bulky cocoon of a car seat in the back killed my back!! I did for two years before I finally broke down and got a JKU. Actually the wife talked me into it. One word of advice, stretch before you put the kids in, that back seat doesn't really move forward at all and you'll be cursing the whole time. Thank you for your service and remember the older they get the more fun you will have!!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the multiples club. Twins are awesome. Congrats.

Now to the point of the post. Trade in the 2door and get a 4door. After my twins were born I had bought a Ram 1500 and that was a pain in the ass with the rear facing seats and traded her in for a JKU. I can only imagine what it will be like to move the front seats out of the way every time you enter and exit the jeep. Also, you can fit three car seats in the back of a JKU and not have to move any of the seats. Just a thought for the future.

One way or the other, congrats on the twins. They will be a blast. Get your sleep now.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 11bravowrangler View Post
thank you both, im assuming it'll get easier as they grow and the car seats get smaller...
If your two door is like mine, the drivers side seat don't move forward much, so you will have to load the both kids from the passenger side and really stretch to reach behind the driver
Old 12-06-2012, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Some seats are bigger than others. Go to Babies R Us and they will let you take the seats out and try them in your car, and them buy them cheaper on Amazon. Get yourself an Amazon Mom account to get discounts and two day shipping on diapers and wipes, you can even subscribe and save more, then cancel the subscription once your order is shipped. A dollar here and there is a dollar more into the JK lol. I only have a ten month old and have no problem putting him in the back. I'm 5'7, I just get in with him on the driver side and reach in the back and buckle him in. It's easier to get the seat in with the top down but I managed to fit mine with no problem. I'm currently using a rear facing only seat in my car but the Convertible Recaro Proride in my wife's car may not fit. I'm sure you can fit two kids in the back with no problem but I'm not sure about a twin stroller. I can't imagine having to take two babies out of my 2 dr, I usually do not use a stroller, my boy weighs 21 lbs and I usually carry him wherever I go... I don't think you can do that with two though lol. Congratulations and good luck! You're going to have your hands full for a long time.

When it's forward facing it will get easier, but I plan on keeping my boy rear facing as long as I can. It will be a long time before they can get in on their own lol

Last edited by Canibeat; 12-06-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

I can tell you that 3 car seats fit in the Commander and 3 also fit in JKU. Our 3rd arrived last month and everyone fits. Good luck on the new duo.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

Still with one kid or two you will have to put the kids in the passenger side only on a two door because the drivers seat don't slide far forward very far
Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Terry Hesticles
Twins, huh? Well RIP buddy. We hardly knew ye.
My sarcasm has caught up with me. We had our first ultrasound today and we're in the same boat as you. Twins! This is crazy.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TriJeepV
Welcome to the multiples club. Twins are awesome. Congrats.

Now to the point of the post. Trade in the 2door and get a 4door. After my twins were born I had bought a Ram 1500 and that was a pain in the ass with the rear facing seats and traded her in for a JKU. I can only imagine what it will be like to move the front seats out of the way every time you enter and exit the jeep. Also, you can fit three car seats in the back of a JKU and not have to move any of the seats. Just a thought for the future.

One way or the other, congrats on the twins. They will be a blast. Get your sleep now.
And this is the only post you should listen too. NO two rear facing seats will not fit into the back of a 2door.(they will physically fit, but you won't be able to drive safely, if at all.) I have a Greco w/base for my 6mth old and it has to be in the center of the rear seat if you want someone to use the front passenger seat.(sidenote-go carseat+base route. I couldn't even imagine trying to buckle in a seat twice a day, everyday) My wife and I are good for right now but as soon as #2 kid comes along- I'll start an expedition build on a 4door.
Good luck w/ the pregnancy. And when things get tough-and they will- don't take it out on each other. You're in this together. Cheers.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

My twins just turned one on 12/6 and let me tell you... I think I would've hung myself if I had a two door! The jku was crammed with two rear facing seats... A little advise.. Get the grace signature seats! They work from 0-100 pounds and they are amazing! I only tell you this because we searched for seats that would fit in the jku and I wouldn't lose room in the front and we only found two seats, but these are the most versatile!

Ps enjoy because I don't know where this past year went!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3056983002.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	396274

/\ that is 1/2 of my team in the grace seats in the third row! And that third row is a savior tooooo!!!! Message me if you have any questions because I just did this! Haha
Old 12-08-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Glad my son is 17 now......

Quick Reply: car seats in a 2 door jk!!!!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: