Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

Custom JK/JKU ac vent options

Old 10-16-2018, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom JK/JKU ac vent options

like many others my goal is to personalize my JKU as much as possible.

I hate the vent rings in my 15 jku and want to go with something like in the pictures below; I am not going to state what these are from as to not get ragged on.

does anyone know if it is possible or how easy of a job it would be to make these AC vent assemblies work in a 12-18 JKU?

Last edited by Scott Weber; 10-16-2018 at 11:33 AM. Reason: to add text
Old 10-16-2018, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

I also love the vents from the 05-09 mustang which by looking at the pods should fit, just not sure if it would work.

All suggestions welcome
Old 10-16-2018, 03:54 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 244 Likes on 233 Posts

That would definitely be a unique look in a JK. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they won't work. Here are a couple pics of what yours look like if you haven't pulled one out yet. Don't mind the broken tab on mine. I think the issue you might have is that doesn't look deep enough to make a connection with the actual vent in the dash, but maybe it just "looks" that way. Just realized the uploaded pic with tape measure is a bad angle. They're 3.5" deep from the bezel.

**If they were deep enough to connect to the vent, I'd think you'd still be resorting to hot glue or whatnot to hold em in place as the little locking channels are most likely going to be useless.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

I've taken them out, and painted mine 3 years ago, to color match my jeep but I want something completely different. I've tried to find someone who could manufacture just the ring to connect to the current assembly but that would cost a fortune.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

my only other thought is if the 2007-2011 assemblies will fit in the holes of the 12-17's there are after market options I can go with that I like. I haven't found anyone who has actually tried to switch them out yet.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm pretty sure there was a guy who put new style vents into the older interior. Those vents are from a T&C, right? You may be able to fab up a coupler to direct the air to the back of the vent there. You may be able to get something cool made if you find someone ambitious with TinkerCAD and a 3d printer.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

looks like you need to change out your cabin filter. You definitely don't want to be breathing in all that dust.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:35 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 244 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Weber View Post
looks like you need to change out your cabin filter. You definitely don't want to be breathing in all that dust.
LOL. My jeep is kinda toy these days. Top is off almost all the time, and it's normal status is "dirty" from wheelin.
The following users liked this post:
Scott Weber (10-18-2018)

Quick Reply: Custom JK/JKU ac vent options

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: