Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

DUI Prevention Video

Old 12-02-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out if that was all real people.. or dummies included.. just ... wow.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverJK12 View Post
Everyone has done it and dont say you havent at some point in your life. 1 beer or glass of wine is technically considered impaired and as you wont get a DUI if there is ever a wreck when under the limit with just getting stopped only. But that can turn and accident into a criminal charge depending on injuries. Now its a small chance with that scenario to happen but it does. A DWI here is UNDER the limit with the same outcome of a DUI with the same fines etc etc that come with it.

Source: Personal experience with friends and luckily no accident happened but changed my life for the better. I dont touch a car even with a sip. cheers
VERY intense... the way it should be...

and im sorry that you accuse me of drinking and driving... when i can honestly say I *NEVER* have.. and like you.. I dont even SIP and drive.... so you might want to rephrase your post.. because NOT everyone has done it...

why am I so sensitive about this subject?? because I once had to be one of those similar to that video.. sitting in passenger seat of a mangled mess of what was once a brand new car..... waiting for EMS to cut me out... clutching the bloody hand of my partner of 1.5 years.. he probably never felt the impact...

a big chevy pickup.. left of center... its drunk driver committing his 4th offense.. had no license... no insurance.. ..but still got access to Keys.. and a bunch of beers at a local watering hole.....

he got 10 years... I get to live with that memory the rest of my life...

so yeah its REAL.. its not just a bunch of scare video plastered on a website....

I was about 21 at the time... to this day i do drink and have a good time like anyone else... but I wont drive... just wont do it...

and for those that do drink and drive... is that alcohol REALLY necessary?? will you REALLY have such a horrible time at a gathering or a bar with friends if you grabbed a soda or bottle of water instead of that 3rd or 4th or 5th beer? or even the 1st?

and yes I know that everyone's body is different.. some people have low tolerance.. others have high tolerance...

and of course there are 10 million other things to distract drivers too.. lack of sleep probably being the WORST.. even worse than alcohol...

be safe this holiday season and every season..
-Christopher
Old 12-03-2010, 03:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Jeeparoo

I am sorry to hear about that. I cant imagine going through an accident that could have been avoided. You added another point to my post I would like to discuss. I did change my original post to mostly everyone. It was intending that wording on purpose to everyone to re-evalutate their situation and think....because most people that I have seen at restaurants with their wife or at monday night football or whatever just have a few beers or even one and are soooomewhat impaired. Well the thing that they dont realize is that they are actually drinking and driving. period. Drink, drive = drinking and driving. As they think about to themselves, I am not drunk! I am not WASTED! I am just tipsy or 2 beers doesnt matter! Well, it does. You dont have to be an alcoholic or have problems with alcohol to get a DUI or even a DWI. It could be their first time with a beverage. drinking anything, driving = drinking and driving for anyone. And it doesnt matter how good of a person you are, this mistake happens to the best of em.

And my post is not totally intended to point at people and say you do this! Or people that drink are bad people. Its getting someone to think. Have I done this? Maybe I will get a cab next time even if I "just had a few" (totally worth it)

PS. after 1 am, 1 and 3 drivers on the road had some amount of alcohol in their system .

Cheers yall and dont drive

Last edited by SilverJK12; 12-03-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

We need a campaign like that here.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

My hope is that WOL might consider making it a Sticky Thread. Any thoughts?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

bump.........
Old 12-04-2010, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

years ago they had a program in ohio.. (and vids were done on it).. once a year they would get 100 people together (you could sign up).. and they would put people on a closed course.. things like doing a slalom, flash a light red, have something pop in front of the car, etc.. and they would have a party at the same time.. the drivers would run the course 3 times sober.. and then would start drinking.. and then run the course, after 1 drink, 2 drinks, 3 etc...

it easily showed how alcohol impaired drivers.. and also that certain drivers were affected more than others... the program was stopped because it seemed the drivers that did well even after drinking boasted that they could drink and drive and it didnt affect them... I never got to do the full program but know someone who did. it was amazing how each person was affected differently.. it was also amazing how quick reaction times dropped off even with just 1 drink...

the big issue isnt the driver who is totally sloshed(as was the driver in my accident).. nor is the issue when everything is normal.. its when something doesnt go right can you react... even if it is not your fault....

a bicyclist goes through a red.. a jogger wearing all black appears in front of you.. a car stops quick to avoid a deer, a deer runs in front of you, you hit a patch of ice or hydroplane a little, drop a wheel off in the gravel, can you react quick enough to get back on the road...

the reality in most states even if you are Under the legal limit.. and the accident isnt your fault... the Law will automatically make it your fault because you have alcohol in your system. in some cases your insurance may not even cover you because you blow positive for alcohol (or refuse the blow)... even just 1 glass of wine at dinner...

i know im overly sensitive about the subject... and that MOST people are perfectly fine after 1 or 2 glasses of wine with a nice 2 hour hearty dinner.. but the law may look at it different if a totally sober driver runs a red and you T-bone him...

-Christopher
Old 12-04-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo View Post
years ago they had a program in ohio.. (and vids were done on it).. once a year they would get 100 people together (you could sign up).. and they would put people on a closed course.. things like doing a slalom, flash a light red, have something pop in front of the car, etc.. and they would have a party at the same time.. the drivers would run the course 3 times sober.. and then would start drinking.. and then run the course, after 1 drink, 2 drinks, 3 etc...

it easily showed how alcohol impaired drivers.. and also that certain drivers were affected more than others... the program was stopped because it seemed the drivers that did well even after drinking boasted that they could drink and drive and it didnt affect them... I never got to do the full program but know someone who did. it was amazing how each person was affected differently.. it was also amazing how quick reaction times dropped off even with just 1 drink...

the big issue isnt the driver who is totally sloshed(as was the driver in my accident).. nor is the issue when everything is normal.. its when something doesnt go right can you react... even if it is not your fault....

a bicyclist goes through a red.. a jogger wearing all black appears in front of you.. a car stops quick to avoid a deer, a deer runs in front of you, you hit a patch of ice or hydroplane a little, drop a wheel off in the gravel, can you react quick enough to get back on the road...

the reality in most states even if you are Under the legal limit.. and the accident isnt your fault... the Law will automatically make it your fault because you have alcohol in your system. in some cases your insurance may not even cover you because you blow positive for alcohol (or refuse the blow)... even just 1 glass of wine at dinner...

i know im overly sensitive about the subject... and that MOST people are perfectly fine after 1 or 2 glasses of wine with a nice 2 hour hearty dinner.. but the law may look at it different if a totally sober driver runs a red and you T-bone him...

-Christopher
We are agreeing with each other. This was my ultimate point in my posts as well
Old 12-07-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for posting. A drunk driver killed my mom 12/27/07. 6th offence. Of course no license. This should be a sticky.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 PM
JK Super Freak

When I had a Drivers Ed program we all joined this group called S.A.D.D (Students Against Drunk Driving, is now known as Students Against Destructive Decisions), anyways showed this guy I forget his name but he was at a party one night and had a couple and decided he needed to go home and on his way home he fell asleep due to the fact that it was late and also because he had drank. He lost control of his car and slammed into a tree and now he can't function. He has a hard time doing things, tying his shoes, walking, reaction time, speech. It was a truly eye opening video. I don't drink to begin with, and when you add the mixture of alcohol and vehicles it disgusts me. Awesome video everyone who operates a motor vehicle should watch it.

Quick Reply: DUI Prevention Video

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: