Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

The end is near...

Old 06-11-2014, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The end is near...

So the internet is rife with rumors of the next gen Wrangler getting wussifiied in a couple years, the FJ Cruiser is axed after this year with the Xterra likely to follow soon after. Overseas the Land Rover Defender, Toyota Landcruiser 70 series are in their final few years thanks to new regulations in Europe and AU. Other classic 4x4 rigs are or will soon be here in name only, such as the Landcruiser and Nissan Patrol, the Discovery, Defender, Cherokee, 4 Runner, Explorer, ect, ect ect. Even the Mercedes G Class has lost its normal (to us, the "stripped") version worldwide, becoming available only as the ultra luxury, out of reach, low production gangsta-mobile version we are all familiar with.

This means there could only be a couple years left before there are basically no classic 4x4 truck based, old school off-road SUVs on the new car market virtually anywhere in the world.

I got my license in the mid 90's and grew up loving (and lusting!) after these vehicles but it won't be long before you will no longer be able to waltz down to the dealer and drive a shiny new one off the lot. Sure there will be the used market for decades in ever-dwindling numbers but it seems clear to me the dog has had it's day and classic 4X4 design is headed for the great big dustbin of history.

My last hope is that Jeep doesn't screw up the next-gen Wrangler. If they do, the off-road world as we know it will end and the ATV World Order will rule the backcountry.

Pardon me while I go hug my JK and get drunk, though not necessarily in that order.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wont be long before the wrangler gets an IFS front end. We don't have a loud enough voice, soccer moms will win

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: The end is near...

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: