Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

Fender flare wrap?

Old 06-03-2014, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender flare wrap?

Can you wrap your factory textured fender flares? I'm not sure if the wrap will stick if the flare is textured. Does anyone know?
Old 06-03-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure you could get it to stick if you used some heat and adhesion promoter, but I'm not too sure how long it will stick. Most vinyl is rated for 5 years (and warrantied for 2).

The company I work for sells transit advertising (bus wraps and what not) and we wrap over rubber gaskets and plastic trim when we can. The vinyl usually sticks 70% of the time and we use less aggressive removable (1 year) vinyl.

If you really want it to last, I'd suggest sanding them down, using a primer, then adhesion promoter and then wrap it. You could always just bite the bullet and try the vinyl - you just might need to redo it if it doesn't hold up.

Quick Reply: Fender flare wrap?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: