Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

how to go back to OEM headlight bulb

Old 01-23-2019, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to go back to OEM headlight bulb

I put an OEM bulb on the drivers side of my jeep and the passenger side has a LED bulb the led draws on high =65 watts , the regular bulb on high beam draws =55 watts ,
I waiting until the fancy led blows then Ill stick a regular OEM bulb H3

​​​​​​​on that side also. question will I blow MY TPIM module;e if I dont change the higher watt bulb soon or just ride ??
Old 01-24-2019, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 84 Likes on 82 Posts

How are you concluding that the LED is pulling 65 watts? Perhaps you're looking at what the equivalent wattage is for the LED lamp? The reason I say that is a typical LED headlamp bulb pulls 1.5 amps while a typical halogen pulls 5 amps. Halogen Watts = Current x Volts so 5 amps x 12 volts = 60 watts (so the halogen you refer to is likely draws a few amps less). While the LED would really be 1.5 x 12 = 18 watts.

However, the wattage isn't what you should be looking at. It's current (amps).

As to if this will damage your TIPM, I doubt it. I'm AM surprised that it hasn't been upset with the difference between the two bulbs and giving you a notice you have a headlamp out.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default 2 different wattage head lamp bulbs

Originally Posted by jedg View Post
How are you concluding that the LED is pulling 65 watts? Perhaps you're looking at what the equivalent wattage is for the LED lamp? The reason I say that is a typical LED headlamp bulb pulls 1.5 amps while a typical halogen pulls 5 amps. Halogen Watts = Current x Volts so 5 amps x 12 volts = 60 watts (so the halogen you refer to is likely draws a few amps less). While the LED would really be 1.5 x 12 = 18 watts.

However, the wattage isn't what you should be looking at. It's current (amps).

As to if this will damage your TIPM, I doubt it. I'm AM surprised that it hasn't been upset with the difference between the two bulbs and giving you a notice you have a headlamp out.
headlamp out thank you jedg will the dash lights let me know if a headlamp is OUT?
Old 01-24-2019, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 84 Likes on 82 Posts

Can't remember how it works exactly, but the TIPM normally monitors that kind of stuff.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg View Post
Can't remember how it works exactly, but the TIPM normally monitors that kind of stuff.
jedg
thanks again

Quick Reply: how to go back to OEM headlight bulb

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: