Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

I think my JKU has to go.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default I think my JKU has to go.

So I bought my first Jeep a few years ago and it's overall a very fun vehicle. Never went offroad except for the beaches in North Carolina, but I very much wanted to hit some trails in the mountains. Unfortunately I don't think it's meant to be.

Shortly after I bought it the 42RLE in it started acting up. I took it to Aamco and they told me everything was fine, fluid looked good and it shifted well for them. Paid for the tow they did for me and called it a day. 3 weeks later it completely blew up leaving me stranded. They rebuilt it and everything was great.

Well, a couple nights ago out of nowhere when going down the road I just lost all power to the wheels. I tried a few things but nothing would get it to move again. I had it towed to a nearby shop so my insurance would pay for it and they told me that the transmission in it was a Chrysler re-man that was installed in 2010. So essentially, when my JKU was 2 years old it had the transmission replaced under warranty. I looked up the service and verified this. So I called Aamco and told them what happened and they said they'd work with me since it happened 1 week after the warranty expired. I haven't heard back from them yet but I think I'm done.

Part of this is on me, as I didn't look thoroughly at the history of the Jeep to see it was already replaced when it was nearly new, but then a part of me thinks that should have made it better. I dunno.. just sad and I don't want to keep paying $3-4k every couple of years to keep it on the road.

If anyone knows of a good replacement that I can still take on the beaches that holds a family of five, let me know!
Old 11-12-2018, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Just talked with AAMCO, doesn't look like it's gonna be too much to fix it. Might end up keeping it after all because I honestly do love it.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey, thats good news and good to hear!

Quick Reply: I think my JKU has to go.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: