Notices
Jeep Renegade and 2014+ Cherokee Discussions and conetnt concerning the Jeep Renegade and newer Cherokee

I'll Have a Cherokee for a Week. What Would You Like to Know About It?

Old 08-28-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'll Have a Cherokee for a Week. What Would You Like to Know About It?

Howdy, y'all. If you've been curious about what it's like to cruise around in the new Jeep Cherokee for more than just a few minutes on a test drive, good news! I'll be getting the keys to a 2014 Latitude 4X4 model next Wednesday, Sept. 3.

It starts at $26,495 and comes standard with a 184-horsepower 2.4-liter I4, a nine-speed automatic and the Jeep Active Drive I 4WD system.

Read the rest on the JK-Forum homepage.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Does it do any justice to the previous generation?

Is it worthy of being called a 'Jeep"?
Old 08-29-2014, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh so it does have 4wd? Good to hear.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to know why it is so ugly..... I thought it was that stupid Nissan Rogue until I realized it said Jeep on the front and had the slat grill.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:21 PM
JK Freak

184 hp 9 speed auto? Does not seem like it would be off road capable, 4x4 just seems to be an all wheel drive type if anything, does it at least have a limited slip?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
184 hp 9 speed auto? Does not seem like it would be off road capable, 4x4 just seems to be an all wheel drive type if anything, does it at least have a limited slip?
Depends which model u get. Trailhawk has lockers. And in testing it stock it did better than the xj cherokee stock at moab. But it is a love it or leave it look
Old 08-30-2014, 11:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
Depends which model u get. Trailhawk has lockers. And in testing it stock it did better than the xj cherokee stock at moab. But it is a love it or leave it look
well, at least for those that love it, it can have lockers for going off pavement, so that would at least qualify it as a "real jeep". But I much prefer my Rubicon
Old 09-16-2014, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JK-Forum Reviews the 2014 Cherokee Latitude 4X4

Whenever an automaker relaunches an iconic model, some people have money ready to spend on it. Others have their doubts about whether the new version will be any good. Everyone has questions, including you all. When I announced I'd be reviewing the 2014 Jeep Cherokee, a nameplate the company brought back to North America, you sent a few of them my way. Some of them are below. I've also added other questions that the rest of you might want answered.

Read the rest on the JK-Forum homepage. >>
Old 09-19-2014, 06:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good write-up.

Like guns and religion, I'll be clinging to manual transmissions and part-time 4wd forever. Pry 'em from my cold, dead, hands, FCA, I dare ya.

The new Cherokee was described as as a vehicle that "[...] attracts mid-size SUV buyers who occasionally leave paved roads..." Groan. I think this is what I feared the most.

I guess it sounds like a nice car, though.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Having owned 2 XJs in the past, this new Cherokee should have been named something different. I just can't get over the looks. Such a disgrace.

Quick Reply: I'll Have a Cherokee for a Week. What Would You Like to Know About It?