Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

Mechanical issues on every JK?

Old 11-26-2018, 03:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanical issues on every JK?

As I read here on the forum of the failures that are so common I wonder, is every JK going to have these issues? Left head valves, radiator leak, oil filter and cooler leak, just to name a few. These are expensive repairs. You would think that every JK made will have these failures by the sound of things on this forum. Or, are these failures just occasional and random caused by the use of the JK? Lots of off road flexing for the radiator, hi revs and loads for the heads, over tightening of the oil filter. Normal wear and tear items I understand but if you had all these not covered by warranty it would add up to the thousands in repairs. At 38K and no issues, with a JK bought used I am just wondering.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

People post their vehicles' problems on forums in an effort to find a fix.
You don't hear from those with no vehicle problems.
If the JKs were as bad as forums make them seem, people wouldn't keep buying them.
The following users liked this post:
Jay2013jk (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

+1 on what Ron said -- Mechanical issues on every car forum! Having said that, some things in forums are actual recalls or TSB's. For example, many of the early JK's like mine had a fuel tank overflow problem. Even though I purchased mine used, Jeep swapped out the fuel tank for free -- Credit this forum for info on that.

BTW, your profile says yours is a 2018. Is that correct?
The following users liked this post:
Jay2013jk (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sir, I have 2 JKUs.. 2013 = 63K and 2016 = 33K.. I am one that has not experienced the issues you stated.. As Ronjenx stated people post problems they experience, I not experiencing issues had no need to post the GOOD Service my JKUs have provided to date. FTR I have worked in the auto industry for over 40 years and yes vehicles will experience issues, some mfg and some just wear and maintenance. All MFGs work diligently to provide trouble free vehicles and have engineering teams working on issues that surface years after to preclude them in the future. Enjoy your JEEP, it will serve you well.

Quick Reply: Mechanical issues on every JK?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: