Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

Need help/info - Couer D Lane Idaho

Old 12-07-2012, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help/info - Couer D Lane Idaho

Due to an unexpected career change, I am considering moving to Couer D' Lane Idaho in the hopes of a better Way A Life. I love the outdoors and love to hunt, fish and 4x4ing. Is anyone familiar with Couer D Lane or the surrounding cities? I am trying to get as much information about the area as possible before we decide what to do. Any info on city, schools, lifestyle, off road parks or just any input at all would be awesome. Thank you for your help.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Forgot to add, I am married with two girls, 7 & 11. They both are active, play sports, horse back ride and are also into the outdoors. Thanks
Old 12-07-2012, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Smelt ills is only about a half hr from CDA and the homes there are super cheap! It is sooo beautiful in Idaho no matter where you go but smelter ills is right off I-90 so it's very convenient and the schools are small and personal. Goo luck and I wish I could move to IdHo!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 AM
JK Super Freak

My inlaws have a place a half an hour from there, when we visit we spend a good bit of time in CDA. Also, my buddy's brother and family (including two young kids) moved there from AK recently and they love it. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Born and raised in CDA area.

At least when I left, people still stop and make sure youre okay if you are on the side of the road. Lots of good ole' boy types around.

The schools in the area are great. Not much in the way of drug or alcohol problems, and violence is pretty much non existant. I would recommend finding a home in Hayden. The prices will be a bit cheaper, and its alot smaller of a city.

Offroad. Absolutely Excellent. You can explore litterally THOUSAND OF MILES of logging road, with no useage fee. Pick up a forest service map from fish and game or Idaho Department of Lands and have yourself a blast. I would recommend heading up Hayden Creek. You can head up Fernan in downtown CDA and come out on the Rimrock in Hayden. Its closed for the winter, but in late spring it will open back up! (unless you have sleds)

In Spokane, WA (about a half hour east) you have Seven Mile ORV park, which is a pretty good sized park with everything from sand to rock gardens, hill climbs, trails, mud, you name it.

We have all four seasons. Summer is from about late may into late august 75-95 temps. Short Fall, maybe August and October. Mid November Snow usually starts coming down, and will stay until early March. March-May is spring.

The place is the most beautiful I have found. I've lived everywhere from Yorktown, VA to Kodiak, AK, and now Seattle, WA.

It is a very conservative area, and you will probably experience a few eyerolls until you get the plates changed.

You will not regret living there! When I finish up with the USCG I will spend the rest of my life in the area.

Quick Reply: Need help/info - Couer D Lane Idaho

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: