Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

Now a member of the JK family

Old 12-31-2018, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Now a member of the JK family

Just bought a 2009 X with 57,400 miles. Frame was in excellent shape. First mod on the agenda is going to be tires at a minimum and possibly wheels. The fun has begun. And so has emptying my bank account lol.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:24 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 244 Likes on 233 Posts

Congrats.....a nice blank slate to start from! Someone must have really babied that previously to have such low mileage.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001 View Post
Congrats.....a nice blank slate to start from! Someone must have really babied that previously to have such low mileage.
blank slate indeed. First thing will be tires. Debating on splurging for wheels at the same time. Trying to decide how big since itís still factory gear ratio. Will definitely be minimum 32Ē but seriously considering 35Ē but thatís where I start thinking about my ratios. Not as worried about the gas mileage since it still isnít going to see a whole lot of mileage. Mostly looking at 10 mile round trip as the son drives to school and back and anything other than that is gas out of his pocket. We are looking at a soft top for spring summer time as well.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 86 Likes on 84 Posts

Welcome. I think those are the 16 inch rims? If so, moving to 17s will save on tire price over the long haul. Also a larger choice of tires in 17 inch.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg View Post
Welcome. I think those are the 16 inch rims? If so, moving to 17s will save on tire price over the long haul. Also a larger choice of tires in 17 inch.
yeah trying to decide on that one. No rush at moment but considering cost of 5 wheels and tires to the cost of just 5 tires. Might wait until next go around to do the 17Ē wheels but considering all options. I have a few months to research and collect some money. Just Empty Every Pocket. Lol
Old 01-03-2019, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Understandable. I'll say that those highway tires are paper thin. My wife had the same factory setup and we had two flats from just driving the Missouri gravel roads. Switched her to KO2s and it's much better.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:48 PM
OME
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Write a wish list and we'll help you spend your money
Old 01-03-2019, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find a place that sells factory take offs. We paid 1K for these tires & rims. Then sold our take offs for $300.

JIM.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

ILLXJ has a good point.

JK Forum Market Place - https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/market/

FB market that has them often - https://www.facebook.com/groups/455982404551992/
Old 01-05-2019, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg View Post
Understandable. I'll say that those highway tires are paper thin. My wife had the same factory setup and we had two flats from just driving the Missouri gravel roads. Switched her to KO2s and it's much better.
i do like those tires. I had ATs several years ago on my Silverado and loved them. Thatís what Iím considering putting on this one.

Quick Reply: Now a member of the JK family

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: