Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

Reverse cut off?

Old 08-24-2018, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default Reverse cut off?

I have a 2012 Jeep Sahara auto 3.6...
sometimes when I put it in reverse it cuts off. So I have to put it back in park to start. Then to reverse and itll act like it's in park still than I have to put it back in park than reverse and it'll work. But some days it doesn't even give me any trouble. And when I'm driving it, it has a miss to it sometimes as well. Not a bad one... like it got some bad gass or something. No check engine light is on and the scanners won't pick anything up. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 08-25-2018, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 13 with 80k and had similar symptoms. Ended up being a bad crankshaft position sensor. Had the similar hesitation and skipped fires though was inconsistent enough that I thought I was just being jeep paranoid. Started to happen more frequently over time to where I knew it was an issue. Eventually threw P0339 code. Plus a misfire code (P0300) and a torque sensor code (P2638). Did a little bit of research on here and was fairly confident it was the sensor had a bad connection and was cascading other codes. Had a shop replace the CSP sensor because it didn't have time and it is in a shitty location to get to on the passenger side above the cat. I trust my shop and i wanted them to run a full scan on it as well. Was a cheap fix. Not sure if this what is going on with your but might it might be.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome thank you so much... it fixed it (:

Quick Reply: Reverse cut off?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: