Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

RIPP Kratos

Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIPP Kratos

Hey guys just talking to relieve stress. This is my family's husky kratos. He was a part of the family and has now passed. Kids accidentally let him out and he got into a neighbor's fenced in area and was chasing his goats around so they shot him. Whole family is tore up over the whole ordeal and kids blaming themselves. Anyway just wanted to share some pictures I have of him in his memory. Thanks for listening to me get things off chest.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20121210-021330.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	396871   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20121210-021306.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	396872   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20121210-021233.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	396873   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121210_022352.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	396875   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20121210-021141.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	396876  

Old 12-09-2012, 11:38 PM
JK Freak

That sucks man, but I know how it is when it comes to livestock. Lost an excellent Chesapeake Retriever when it escaped and killed a bunch of chickens. Can't really blame a man for protecting his livelihood. Here's a couple of my new Red and white Border Collie Rebel. Maybe cheer ya up a little.Click image for larger version

Name:	Rebel 017.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	396877Click image for larger version

Name:	Rebel 024.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	396878
Old 12-09-2012, 11:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good looking dog. Yea, I don't really blame the Guy either, I understand protecting livestock. The two things that had me on edge was the fact that the kids said he was only chasing like he was playing not attacking and the fact that the kids where down hill at edge of property and watched it happen. What if he would have missed and hit one of the kids you know?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:50 PM
JK Freak

Yeah the other thing its obvious he's a damn puppy. The guy could have cut you some slack. I would bet however that other dog's probably had been harassing his goats.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

He was year and a half old. I don't know if other dogs have harassed them or not, maybe so. It was just an all around trying ordeal. He ran my wife off with a gun when she tried to get him after he was shot. Had to get a cop out here before we could get him and the cop had to go door to door to other neighbors houses to find someone to translate cause the Guy didn't speak English. Now the kids are asking for another husky to replace him and its hard trying to explain we can't right now because we can't afford to pay for another one right now because of Christmas. So they asking Santa for another kratos...
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jethro0417 View Post
Hey guys just talking to relieve stress. This is my family's husky kratos. He was a part of the family and has now passed. Kids accidentally let him out and he got into a neighbor's fenced in area and was chasing his goats around so they shot him. Whole family is tore up over the whole ordeal and kids blaming themselves. Anyway just wanted to share some pictures I have of him in his memory. Thanks for listening to me get things off chest.
Not cool dude! Sorry for the loss. It's like losing part of the family. I had a dog named CJ that I grew up with when I was little and when my parents split my dad moved into an apartment that didn't allow so he took him to my grandpa's tow yard and he did great there for a long time. I spent a lot of time there during the summer and after school sometimes anyway so it was fine for me. One of the drivers (later fired) at the yard left the main gate open after having a lot of and CJ got out and was hit by a car the next morning. I know just how you feel! Kratos looked like a great pup and awesome companion. I hope the kids handle it alright.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cali Cosmos View Post

Not cool dude! Sorry for the loss. It's like losing part of the family. I had a dog named CJ that I grew up with when I was little and when my parents split my dad moved into an apartment that didn't allow so he took him to my grandpa's tow yard and he did great there for a long time. I spent a lot of time there during the summer and after school sometimes anyway so it was fine for me. One of the drivers (later fired) at the yard left the main gate open after having a lot of and CJ got out and was hit by a car the next morning. I know just how you feel! Kratos looked like a great pup and awesome companion. I hope the kids handle it alright.
He was great companion. And kids are better than they where. They still blame themselves I think and wife does to cause she was in bed and I wasn't home. He really was part of the family along with our two other dogs. Our other dogs still whining and act like they trying to find him.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:14 AM
JK Freak

sounds like the shooting was unnecessary. maybe it was his "favorite" goat, iraqi stlye

no ones fault though. hope things get better for u and the family soon.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

Your a better man than me sir. Shooting the dog seemed a lil uncalled for since it wasn't attacking the goat but I do understand but as far as him chasing your wife off with a gun an wouldn't let you get the dog. Well sir that man would of been taken care of real fast.

You had a beautiful dog an I'm sure will be greatly missed. An Im sry for your loss
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Former Member

I am truly sorry for your loss.

Quick Reply: RIPP Kratos

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: