See ya peeps, itís been fun! - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

See ya peeps, itís been fun!

Old 02-09-2019, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default See ya peeps, itís been fun!

Well after I sold my JK a year ago I swore I’d get another a year or two after they start building with a couple upgrades I’ve been waiting for. The upgrades are here now so I’ve spent the last couple weeks researching and haggling with sleazy dealers and I’ve come to the conclusion that Chrysler has priced me out of the wrangler. I just can’t drop over $40k for a 2 door wrangler... So anyway, I’m now the happy owner of a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. To be honest this rig fits my current lifestyle better anyway. And comparably equipped I saved ~$10,000 by going this way instead of buying a wrangler. And that’s the 2 door.

But I wanted to thank the forum for all the great help I’ve had here, and several members in specific, you know who you are, resharp, the northridge 4x4 guy, many more that I can’t remember right now.

I’ll be checking in from time to time and I have lots of parts left over, when I get time I’m gonna sort it all and sell it here for what it costs to ship to try and pay some of it back.

Last edited by MikeOK; 02-09-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here it be...
Old 02-09-2019, 08:39 AM
JK Junkie

It's funny that you mention the high price. I bought my 10 new in 2010 with no options for $25. I bought another 2dr in 2017 (2016 2dr, 10k miles, mid level sport) and it was still $25. Looking at the other offerings of Chrysler, I could have purchased a brand new, fully loaded Renegade with the Trailhawk package for the same price. The Wrangler is cool and iconic but I don't think the quality is worthy of the price they're asking.
The Following User Says Thank You to karls10jk For This Useful Post:
MikeOK (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

You are 100% correct. Last March I bought a rene for $19,000. I really loved the thing so I contacted my favorite dealer recently to see what it would cost to build a totally loaded TH Rene, as mine is the base sport model with zero options. $32,000 and there’s probably wiggle room. I did the same with a 2 door Wrangler, but with probably $3,000 less options. $41,000. No way. Heck I just gave 30 for my ‘15 JK when it was new and I didn’t try all that hard to negotiate. Yesterday I found on their lot the perfect wrangler for me: $48,000! I gave 32 for my Cherokee...
Old 02-09-2019, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh and I thought I would mention. I’ve had a wrangler off and on since ‘02 and I’ve shopped a lot of vendors so I’d like the chance to plug the best. Its northridge4x4. One of their suits is active here and he has been very helpful to me, it’s Northridge4x4. Hit him up when you’re making a purchase and he will send you a code. Plus he’s helped me out finding parts that they didn’t even carry. A true class act...
Old 02-09-2019, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good looking Rig,, BTW.. some old guy is leaning on your ride..
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay2013jk For This Useful Post:
MikeOK (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haha that’s what I thought too! I’ve lost 110 lb’s in the last 18 months and my wife and I were at the mall recently and I walked by one of those columns with the mirrors and I thought Who the heck is that old scrawny guy!??!
Old 02-11-2019, 09:48 AM
JK Junkie

Sorry to see you moving on Mike. I remember when you bought that last one but guess didn't realize you had sold it. A lot of people come to the board to solve an issue, but when things are going smoothly they're not around much. I figured you just hadn't been around as much as you hadn't been running in to any issues.

I can't believe how much wranglers are going for these days. I actually like the JL much better than I thought I would (especially the interior), but I can't believe what they cost. I thought the JK's were getting up there myself. The DFW metroplex has been flooded with JKs over the last decade+. You'd think that there'd be JL's all over the place already, but the saturation is taking much longer it seems, and I have to think the price tag is the reason. The price tag also influences the demographic of consumers. It will be interesting to see if or how that changes things over the next decade. The JK was/is a great off road vehicle. It was a huge improvement over the TJ, which in its own right was a huge improvement over the YJ. It seems that the JL has some nice improvements as well, but dang....who wants to buy a $50k rig, mod it, and then go beat it up on the trail? Most people can't afford to do that, can't drive it like it's a sponsored vehicle, and aren't whoring themselves out to manufacturers via their YouTube channels. I just view it as a bit unfortunate that they're pricing a lot of consumers out of the market, and I tend to think it's going to change the path of the vehicle more towards the typical everyday SUV rather than such a multi-use vehicle. Probably the same thing they said when the JK came out I guess. I'm just rambling.....

Anyhow, sad to see you moving on. Enjoyed watching you get that last one going and getting out to use it. I'm sure you made a few memories that will last for quite a while. Best of luck to you sir.

Terrible picture, but quick one from this summer as my daughter joined me on a trip to Moab. Still building some memories with mine.....

Old 02-18-2019, 05:33 AM
JK Super Freak

I hate to hear it too. Stick around and share some pics of the cherokee! Like you and everyone else I'm shock at how they are trying to gouge people on these new JLs. Bought my 2011 2 door sport brand new with A/C as the only option for 25k. My how times have changed!
Old 02-18-2019, 05:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Just built one on the website just like my '11....30,735. Wow, think you could negotiate down 5,000? Nope, I bet they're not budging as long as people are willing to pay it!

Quick Reply: See ya peeps, itís been fun!

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: