Notices
Anything & Everything General discussions about pretty much anything and everything under the sun EXCEPT for topics specifically regarding the Jeep JK Wrangler. Please note that posts made in this forum will NOT be added to your overall post count. Also, be advised that the content allowed within this forum may be considered by some to be R-Rated in nature and is intended for mature adults only. If you are offended easily, please exercise some personal restraint and refrain from visiting this sub-forum. DO NOT start threads which encourages the posting of sexually-oriented photos and or content.

"Is there a god" thread?

Old 03-21-2014, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always believed but until I read the Bible, I mean read the entire Bible. I had many questions. I wanted answers to questions for myself not what others were telling me. After reading I gave myself to the Lord and asked for guidance and forgiveness and protection not only for me but my family , friends, military, government (yes even them) and those I come in contact with in life. Now I ask that everyday. Read read read. The answers you seek are there. You need to answer these questions for yourself no one here can do that for you. By the way God doesn't always give you the answers you expect so be perpared. I hope you find the answers you are looking for. I will say a pray for you to find your way.

Mark 11:22-26
New King James Version (NKJV)

22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Forgiveness and Prayer
25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”[a]
Old 03-22-2014, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rodi View Post
There are a lot of unexplained "miracles" in science. The human brain, the universe... Health recovery being unexplained by surgeons or physicians is no reason to point fingers at prayer. The human body is amazing and quite capable of recovering from the irrecoverable every now and then. Just as much as we cannot explain why the human brain evolved into having the capacity to imagine that it is self-aware. Perhaps it is a survival technique. Or for protection. Our brain is unaware of its own processes, instead we imagine that it is a consciousness. Just as we imagine that there is such a thing as free will, when really there is no "free" will at all.
This is exactly what I mean. Well said.

Those of you telling me to read the bible or related prints, I have tried. But I feel like I have too much "common sense" to believe what they say. As harsh as that sounds, and definitely not saying you don't have common sense for believing, it just makes no sense in my head at all.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 03-22-2014, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rodi View Post
And here's your thread. Quick search yields results. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296212
Wrong one. I know of that one as well, but I was reaching out to the religious folks, so the "is there a god?" Thread is what I was looking for. Not wanting atheists. Thanks for trying to help though.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0BigBlue7 View Post

This is exactly what I mean. Well said.

Those of you telling me to read the bible or related prints, I have tried. But I feel like I have too much "common sense" to believe what they say. As harsh as that sounds, and definitely not saying you don't have common sense for believing, it just makes no sense in my head at all.
It's not TOO much common sense....... you're getting it confused with "pride" (NOT putting you down by any means)... But think about it.
By the way koodos to you for at least giving the Good Book a try
Old 03-22-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Junkie

Whats funny is that 99% of religions say to forgive and forget. But if you want a sure fight tell them there religion is wrong or there is no god. 90% of wars through out time have been fought over gods with probably the most recent version ( jesus/Jehovah god) being the biggest cause. Another thing to look at is the recent discovered cosmic waves that prove the big bang theory.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is the Bible the Inspired Word of God?
By Jason Carlson and Ron Carlson 5/25/11

During a question and answer session at a recent speaking engagement, a university student asked me, "Why do you believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God?" Now this is a very interesting question; and probably one of the most important questions any Christian could ask themselves. What is so special, so unique about the Bible that Christians believe it is literally the inspired word of God?

In answering this student's question, I encouraged him to consider the following facts about the Bible:
First, the Bible is not just one single book. This is a more common misconception than many people realize, especially with people who do
not come from a Judeo-Christian background. Rather than being a single book, the Bible is actually a collection of 66 books, which is called the canon of scriptures. These 66 books contain a variety of genres: history, poetry, prophecy, wisdom literature, letters, and apocalyptic just to name a few.

Second, these 66 books were written by 40 different authors. These authors came from a variety of backgrounds: shepherds, fishermen, doctors, kings, prophets, and others. And most of these authors never knew one another personally.

Third, these 66 books were written over a period of 1500 years. Yet again, this is another reminder that many of these authors never knew
or collaborated with one another in writing these books.

Fourth, the 66 books of the Bible were written in 3 different languages. In the Bible we have books that were written in the ancient
languages of Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic; a reflection of the historical and cultural circumstances in which each of these books were written.

And finally, these 66 books were written on 3 different continents:
Africa, Asia, and Europe . Once again, this is a testament to the varied historical and cultural circumstances of God's people.
Think about the above realities: 66 books, written by 40 different authors, over 1500 years, in 3 different languages, on 3 different
continents. What's more, this collection of books shares a common story line - the creation, fall, and redemption of God's people; a common theme- God's universal love for all of humanity; and a common message-salvation is available to all who repent of their sins and commit to following God with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength. In addition to sharing these commonalities, these 66 books contain no historical errors or contradictions. God's word truly is an amazing collection of writings!

After I had shared the above facts with this student, I offered him the following challenge: I said to him, "If you do not believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, if you do not believe that the Bible is of a supernatural origin, then I challenge you to a test." I said to the student, "I challenge you to go to any library in the world, you can choose any library you like, and find 66 books which match the
characteristics of the 66 books in the Bible. You must choose 66 books, written by 40 different authors, over 1500 years, in 3 different languages, written on 3 different continents. However, they must share a common story line, a common theme, and a common message, with no historical errors or contradictions." I went on to say, "If you can produce such a collection of books, I will admit t hat the Bible is not the inspired word of God." The student's reply was almost instantaneous, he emphatically stated, "But that's impossible!"
"But that's impossible!" It truly is impossible, for any collection of human writings. However, the Bible passes this test. The Bible contains 66 books, written by 40 different authors, over 1500 years, in 3 different languages, on 3 different continents, with no historical
errors or contradictions. The entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, bears the mark of Divine inspiration.
The next time you encounter someone who asks you why you believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, try sharing this challenge with
them. Better yet, don't wait until you're asked, just go ahead and share this challenge with a friend today.. You don't even have to
mention the Bible up front, just ask them if they think it would be realistic to assemble such a collection of books After they say, "But
that's impossible!" you've got a ready-made opportunity for sharing the truth of God's word with somebody!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Personal proof, I've seen a man with aids at deaths door with no hope, except Jesus. The church layed hands on him in prayer before every test he went through. Believe me or not he is fully healthy aid free and living to the day telling everyone what God has done for him. The doctors told him they misread the results, that means years and different ones missing it every time? And going through treatment and being told sorry we can't sustain it to its completely gone there's nothing there well I guess we misread it sorry, God is alive and real
Old 03-22-2014, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Ah, religion. The biggest scam going, next to breast cancer awareness anyway.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Through prayer I believe Jesus healed me of cancer.
I cannot, nor can any person tell a non believer something that will make them believe.
God must open the eyes of the blind.

I'm attaching a video of journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPos... for YouTube -

Quick Reply: "Is there a god" thread?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: