JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/archived-jeep-xj-cherokee-grand-cherokees-35/)
-   -   CB Antenna Mount 2011 WK2 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/archived-jeep-xj-cherokee-grand-cherokees-35/cb-antenna-mount-2011-wk2-197825/)

deathboyardee 09-28-2011 07:40 PM

CB Antenna Mount 2011 WK2

Hey all. I'm down here in the GC forum hoping someone has installed a CB in their 2011 WK2. If so where/how did you mount the antenna. I am posting this for my dad and he does not want one that is magnetic or one of those stick to the window kinds. Any ideas would be great as I bought him a Cobra WXST 75 for his Birthday. The only idea I could think of would be mounting it on one of the cross bars but then it's going to be hard to hide the coax, etc. Thanks:beer:

Coltbuntline 09-29-2011 05:44 AM

Best CB mount!

Originally Posted by deathboyardee (Post 2560879)
Hey all. I'm down here in the GC forum hoping someone has installed a CB in their 2011 WK2. If so where/how did you mount the antenna. I am posting this for my dad and he does not want one that is magnetic or one of those stick to the window kinds. Any ideas would be great as I bought him a Cobra WXST 75 for his Birthday. The only idea I could think of would be mounting it on one of the cross bars but then it's going to be hard to hide the coax, etc. Thanks:beer:

Hello
I just got a Cobra 29 WXNWBT cb and I think ARIZONA ROCKY is the best mount system out there.Its easy and you can get whole set up.

deathboyardee 09-30-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Coltbuntline (Post 2561380)
Hello
I just got a Cobra 29 WXNWBT cb and I think ARIZONA ROCKY is the best mount system out there.Its easy and you can get whole set up.

Thanks for the reply but I am looking for something for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Arizona Rocky doesn't look to have anything. :beer:

JMP8562 11-18-2012 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by deathboyardee (Post 2560879)

Bump I am looking for a clean rought to run the antenna cable and a clean mount location also

gs2offroad 01-03-2013 12:23 PM

bump, looking for a clean solution as well...looks like we might be the pioneers here.

gs2offroad 01-11-2013 11:50 AM

Found a thread about ham radio installation on another site, google "wk2 ham radio installation", first hit, scroll down through the thread.

Also on the aussie site there is discussion on the topic, google "instructions for installing cb gc 2011+", first hit.

JMP8562 03-29-2014 05:42 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Well after Looking at different forums I found IMO the best mounting location and routing for the antenna and CB

JMP8562 03-29-2014 05:45 AM

5 Attachment(s)
here is a few more