JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Armed Forces (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/armed-forces-95/)
-   -   Fallen Warriors Thread (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/armed-forces-95/fallen-warriors-thread-214631/)

hagausaf 01-19-2012 05:32 PM

Fallen Warriors Thread

Searched and didnt see any thread about Fallen Warriors so I thought I'd create one. Found out a good friend of mine along with 2 other AF EOD Airmen were killed by an IED on 5 Jan 2012. They're not the only ones I've seen or known to have been killed in action, just never gets any easier. Anyone can use this thread to post up friends or family members that you've known/lost during OIF/OEF.

RIP A1C Matthew Seidler, SrA Bryan Bell and TSgt Matthew Schwartz.

SrA Bell leaves behind his wife
TSgt Schwartz leaves behind his wife and 3 daughters

Please keep your personal comments out of this thread if you could care less about the troops or the wars as its not a place for that. I'd hope you can at least respect that :beer:

AK4Dave 01-19-2012 06:35 PM

Very sorry for the loss of your friend....

Valkyrie1911 01-19-2012 07:24 PM

Cpl Jacob Tate, USMC 2/9, KIA 1/2/11 by an IED while leading a team in Helmand Province, A'stan. Good high school friend of mine, left behind a wife and newborn son he never met. May all the fallen rest in peace.

ChopN 01-19-2012 07:32 PM

This thread deserves to stay at the top...

Sapper12b 01-19-2012 07:46 PM

SSG Collins 11ACR (BLACKORSE) K.I.A by an RPG attack on base while pushing people into a bunker for safety, in OIF 2005.

08JKRHD 01-19-2012 07:57 PM

SFC Mosteiro KIA by a sniper in Iraq
SSG Evey KIA by an IED in Iraq

Great patriots and friends from my scout platoon.

hagausaf 01-19-2012 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by AK4Dave (Post 2800670)
Very sorry for the loss of your friend....

thank you sir

Originally Posted by ChopN (Post 2800793)
This thread deserves to stay at the top...

I agree. Not sure who can sticky it though.

To all others who've posted, sorry for your loss. RIP to them all.

Also lost a few friends on 9 June 2010 when their Pave Hawk was shot down by insurgents near FOB Jackson, Helmand Province, Afghanistan. They were on a rescue mission to medevac wounded Royal British Marines in the Helmand Province.

Pararescuemen
SrA Benjamin D. White
Staff Sgt. Michael P. Flores- awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross

Flight Engineer
Staff Sgt. David C. Smith

Pave Hawk pilots
1st Lt. Joel C. Gentz
Capt. David A. Wisniewski

KiowaGuy 01-20-2012 02:32 AM

Chief Warrant Officer 3 Frank A. Buoniconti - Buoniconti, 36, is a Colorado native who had served on active duty since July 1994. He served for two deployments in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.

His awards include the Distinguished Flying Cross, Meritorious Service Medal, nine Army Commendation Medals and others.

Frank along with four other OH-58D Kiowa Warrior pilots passed on 12 December 2011 at Fort Lewis while conducting a training flight. He was a mentor and friend who will not be forgotten. See you on the Green Frank.

hagausaf 01-20-2012 06:20 PM

Yesterday 4 French soldiers were killed by a suspected insurgent dressed in an Afghan Army uniform. Also 6 US Marines were killed when their helicoptor crashed in the Helmand Province. So far it appears to have crashed due to an equipment malfunction and not to enemy fire. Details are still unclear.

RIP to all who perished

red2010rubi 01-21-2012 05:52 PM

To the 4 Indiana Sappers we lost last week to an IED in Afghanistan last week. You will not be forgotten.