Notices

Bantum Jeep Festival 2012

Old 08-12-2012, 04:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there yesterday and couldn't find any jks with the stickers on them!! I only went through the trails and they were all pretty easy for me
Old 08-12-2012, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

I went last year and was not very impressed. They lacked organization (i waited two hoursto get my packet the first night they had us meet at a school to get our packets and it sucked) The play ground was small and took about 5 - 10 minutes to complete the "Offroad" courses were a joke. And the trail ride that was off site was just a dirt road.

The play ground and Offroad courses are fine if you have never been Offroad. If you have then you will be disappointed.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

I was there Friday yesterday and about to head back out now. I live near the fairgrounds so its awesome seeing my town crawling with jeeps. And I've only seen 2 jks with the forum sticker. Was pretty disappointed.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkkrawler
I was there Friday yesterday and about to head back out now. I live near the fairgrounds so its awesome seeing my town crawling with jeeps. And I've only seen 2 jks with the forum sticker. Was pretty disappointed.
I thought there would be more people from here... but we saw a few. One of the guys that went with us took his stock JK into the mud pit. Hod to get towed to the dealer... He went in hard and took a nosedive right in. The back wheels lifted up and he never got it started again- tried to warn him.

All of the obstacles were pretty easy and the trails were like going thru the woods in your own backyard. It was still a great time though. Saw some ridiculously crazy Jeeps there.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LSUfan1978

I thought there would be more people from here... but we saw a few. One of the guys that went with us took his stock JK into the mud pit. Hod to get towed to the dealer... He went in hard and took a nosedive right in. The back wheels lifted up and he never got it started again- tried to warn him.

All of the obstacles were pretty easy and the trails were like going thru the woods in your own backyard. It was still a great time though. Saw some ridiculously crazy Jeeps there.
Yea mine started over heating when I was on my way to the trails from the mud pit. I just took my fan off and sprayed it all out today. But yea it was pretty easy but was still a lot of fun. I just won't sign up for the trails again. I'll just stick to the playground next year.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was there Saturday! Being their second year, growing pains are to be expected! It was great to see all of the Jeeps, Heritage section, and Sponsors! I will go every year! (as long as I'm in town)
Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

We should all get together and come up with some suggestions for them... and have a few cold ones.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Had a good time over the weekend. I want to know how many people hydro locked their engines, I seen at least 4 do it in the mud pit. 422 was covered in broken down jeeps. Saturday was cold as hell and didnt' do much till sunday after I put in my axle shafts.
here some pics and vids
http://youtu.be/_McJZrDjykY Teachin my cousin how to pull and replace shafts

The seals I needed for my axle housing, these are Nice!!

Club Booth

Old 08-13-2012, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

I got some other vids i'll put up in the next day or two. I'm pissed I went through the obstacle course and mod trail but forgot to turn my go pro on.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I was there with mine, actually took second place in the show n shine for the Jk category. W brought 4 jeeps. A Jk, a cj10 buggy, a tj, and a commander.

I wasn't impressed this year. Again, they lacked organization. The people running the event acted like they did not want the jeeps there, same with the local pd, and mostly had no idea what they were doing. Idiots at the front gate at the fairgrounds kept trying to direct us to the spectators parking lot when we told them we were there to participate... Idiots, we had a cj10 on 38s, and a Jk and tj on 35s!

Trail rides were a joke. Took less than five minutes to make it through the hardest trail there, and didn't even spin a tire. Playground was ok, but mainly based for those who enjoy mud. The rocks were ok, but again, didn't even get hung up once or spin a tire, just walked right over them. I personally would have like to see something more challenging, especially considering how many advanced builds there were there that needed something harder.

Only good thing about it was the vendors, and even that wasn't much to write home about, aside from Mopar Underground being there. Best part about it for me was getting second place, seeing my Jk score an 888 on the rti ramp, and scoring some flat fenders on the ridiculous cheap, like about 80% off.

This event is good for people who are either just getting into jeeps, enjoy scavenger hunts, or love mud, which to me I do not see the draw of blasting through a mud hole with a solid bottom, only to ruin your jeep. If it had a challenge to it, like perhaps a soft bottom, it might have been interesting, but it was just lame and not worth the cleaning or possible damage. Bt hey, to each their own, as I'm sure there are those that do not understand people like me and the desire to drive over very large rocks.

Our 4 jeeps will not be going back next year. Just a waste of a weekend, and too far to drive to sit and do nothing the whole time. maybe one day when they get their act together and get organized.

Last edited by Rockroaster; 08-13-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Bantum Jeep Festival 2012