Notices
Boating & Fishing General discussion forum regarding all forms of boating including motor boats, sailboats and all things fishing including fly fishing, deep sea fishing, fishing gear and great places to fish.

OBX Towns to stay in, recommendations

Old 03-29-2013, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by horrocks007
We booked our house in South Nags Head. Nice to have vacation to look forward to. Looks like I better get my rods and reels cleaned up and ready.
Enjoy the trip. I must recommend though that you should at least plan for a day to either head up to the North 4x4 beach access, or down to the Hatteras access. If you are willing to plan ahead and load up the Jeep, you can pack a cooler and chairs and rods, plus the people and drive about 30 minutes North to the Corolla access. From there you will have the beach entirely to yourself and can drive about 10 miles north and south. It was an awesome experience, plus you might see the wild horses. We stayed about 5 miles up the beach in the 4x4 access was awesome.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there the same week and staying in Corolla. Last time we stayed in South Nags Head and it was nice but too far from the 4x4 beach... We went was right after the last big hurricane and the road was washed out south of the Oregon inlet bridge. Look forward to head south this time around! Last trip was on of my best vacations ever, loved it! Enjoy!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just following up on my thread in case anyone else searches on here for the same thing. Got back from OBX, had an excellent time. South Nags head was perfect for us. 5 minute drive to 4x4 beach and not a lot of people on beaches. Highly recommend hang gliding in Jockey Ridge State part too, was a blast.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want an nice area with out a lot of tourists I would head as far south as you can go hatteras is where I am goin on Saturday. Great place to visit.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steeperjeeper
If you want an nice area with out a lot of tourists I would head as far south as you can go hatteras is where I am goin on Saturday. Great place to visit.
Or as far North as possible. To Corova. AKA 4x4 access only beach houses.

Quick Reply: OBX Towns to stay in, recommendations