Notices
Camping & Hiking General discussion forum regarding all things camping or hiking including hiking trails, great places to camp, camping or hiking gear and anything related to hiking or camping.

- Jeep Towing Guide -

Old 05-06-2015, 09:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After some reading here, it seems I should NOT buy a camping trailer at 2,495lbs unloaded that my wife is wanting me to get. Seems a pop up tent is about the max we should be looking into around 1,600lbs due to the amount of added accessories my Jeep has. Even then, 1,600lbs is probably pushing it because of my add ons.

Last edited by mhockey9090; 05-06-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:43 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Page News!

great write up! thought the front page crowd would appreciate it as well...
The Finer Points of Jeep Trailer Weights and Towing - JK-Forum
Old 05-21-2015, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Class CDL and have pulled professionally all over the western, southern US and western Canada. I primarily delivered really big (up to 42') RV trailers using either a fifth wheel hookup or a hitch. I have tons of experience pulling and I just want to correct absolutely nothing that you wrote.

A most excellent, concise, spot-on totally factual narrative, description and factual.

I can't say enough "well dones"

I add bookmarked it on my laptop and PC just so I could have a link to help explain to other people everything you wrote.

"I can drive the talk but I can't talk the drive" as well you can.

Quick Reply: - Jeep Towing Guide -