JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Central Canada (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/central-canada-58/)
-   -   Sahara with a Rubicon sticker (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/central-canada-58/sahara-rubicon-sticker-118677/)

Yoda 02-12-2010 12:10 PM

Sahara with a Rubicon sticker

I saw a Sahara with a Rubicon sticker. The guy didn't remove the Sahara sticker, both are on the JK! :crazyeyes:

Who is this guy?
Sahara Rescue Green 2 doors
Completely stock
Spare tire cover "Jeep, Fun is Standard, Pavement is in Option"

There is also an X Unlimited Green Jeep with a Rubicon sticker. The guy lives in Joliette. But at least, this guy removed the X sticker! :D

jk20084p 02-12-2010 07:09 PM

Yeah, saw it 2-3 years ago (its a 2007), and I know the guy who installed the stickers, and they are official Jeep Rubicon stickers too... installed by the dealer !!

He said the client liked the look of the Sahara with the fenders same color as body, and the look of the Rubicon stickers... I told him it was "not normal"... I have nothing against Sahara models, the are very good, but the Sahara is a Sahara, and the Rubicon is the Rubicon !! (I am a purist... sorry) At least, the X has the black fenders like the Rubicon, but... its like putting a Sonata sticker on an Accent...

Yoda 02-12-2010 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by jk20084p (Post 1562100)
installed by the dealer !!

:rotflmao2:

vettenut 04-24-2011 12:25 PM

I'm bad I put Saraha Boards on my Rubicon..cuz the wife(x now) wanted them :-(

JKU Rubicon 04-25-2011 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by vettenut (Post 2249883)
I'm bad I put Saraha Boards on my Rubicon..cuz the wife(x now) wanted them :-(

Saraha Boards:thinking: Do you mean side steps?

SilverJK12 04-25-2011 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by jk20084p
Yeah, saw it 2-3 years ago (its a 2007), and I know the guy who installed the stickers, and they are official Jeep Rubicon stickers too... installed by the dealer !!

He said the client liked the look of the Sahara with the fenders same color as body, and the look of the Rubicon stickers... I told him it was "not normal"... I have nothing against Sahara models, the are very good, but the Sahara is a Sahara, and the Rubicon is the Rubicon !! (I am a purist... sorry) At least, the X has the black fenders like the Rubicon, but... its like putting a Sonata sticker on an Accent...

C mon now. Not to be argumentative but a sonata and an accent are two separate vehicles correct? A wrangler is s wrangler with a different package! Sahara or rubicon in this matter. Most ppl replace what makes these what they are so adding a sticker doesn't change it like a sonata to a accent. Ppl get painted fenders on a rubicon all the time. Is that violating the sahara name? Who cares. They are both wranglers so put whatever " sticker " you want. Add a d44 front on a sahara. All wrangler jks.

smooth68 04-25-2011 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by SilverJK12 (Post 2251255)
C mon now. Not to be argumentative but a sonata and an accent are two separate vehicles correct? A wrangler is s wrangler with a different package! Sahara or rubicon in this matter. Most ppl replace what makes these what they are so adding a sticker doesn't change it like a sonata to a accent. Ppl get painted fenders on a rubicon all the time. Is that violating the sahara name? Who cares. They are both wranglers so put whatever " sticker " you want. Add a d44 front on a sahara. All wrangler jks.

:thumbsup:

JKU Rubicon 04-25-2011 09:57 AM

If I put a GT sticker on a V-6 Mustang, it's ridiculous
The GT has the 5.7 V8 engine

Same thing if I put a Rubicon sticker on a non-Rubicon Jeep
The Rubicon has the Rubi Transfert Case and Dana 44 30 splines axle

It's ridiculous because the owner wants to show something that he doesn't really has
: 2cents :

dr.gonzo 04-25-2011 10:01 AM

At least he didn't put a Hummer decal on it.

WestKySahara 04-25-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by JKU Rubicon (Post 2251773)
If I put a GT sticker on a V-6 Mustang, it's ridiculous
The GT has the 5.7 V8 engine

Same thing if I put a Rubicon sticker on a non-Rubicon Jeep
The Rubicon has the Rubi Transfert Case and Dana 44 30 splines axle

It's ridiculous because the owner wants to show something that he doesn't really has
: 2cents :

Yeah, It's almost like putting a Sahara sticker on a rubicon. The grass is always greener right?:wink:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_k...0/IMG_1544.JPG