JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Central Canada (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/central-canada-58/)
-   -   Time for a Coil Upgrade (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/central-canada-58/time-coil-upgrade-72080/)

2Summer 02-09-2009 09:48 AM

Time for a Coil Upgrade

Hey guys... Need to know which way to go...

I'm currently running a Skyjacker polly lift with the factory Rubi coils the problem I have is since I mounted the new bumper and winch, the front end is sittin on the bump stops :eek2: ... So I think it's time to upgrade the coils (If I'm doing front, I might as well as do the rear.) . The wife has given approval for some more lift :ya:

I'm leaning towards either the OME 2" HD Coils or the Sky Jacker 2.5's.... I know a few are running the OME, however all my other suspension components are Sky Jacker... I really can't go much more then 3 inches (my wife is vertically challenged :rotflmao2: ) seriously my 2 Saint Bernard's need to be able to get in and out of the back, and trying to pick up my 150lbs female and 190lbs male is a tad out of the question.

I know this is an open ended questions, any thoughts?

dyolfknip 02-09-2009 01:07 PM

Just go with 14" coilovers and be done with it......you know you want to ;)

-MAW- 02-09-2009 01:15 PM

go OME

Cross bones had the hd on his unlimited and was a great ride have him 3 1/4 inches of lift but he did not have any aftermarket bumpers or stuff to help settle the coils but with 400lbs of dog in the back you should be ok but you will need track bars and longer links for the back

morticon 02-09-2009 02:41 PM

any difference in the rubicon coils and the stock x coils?

dyolfknip 02-09-2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by morticon (Post 938669)
any difference in the rubicon coils and the stock x coils?

yes..I run the 4dr ones on my 2 dr...definite difference

morticon 02-09-2009 02:58 PM

thinking of selling those 2 summer?

ps how much of a difference?

dyolfknip 02-09-2009 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by morticon (Post 938700)
thinking of selling those 2 summer?

ps how much of a difference?

the fronts are about 2.5 inches bigger. And they are a lot stiffer than stock X.....well worth it.

morticon 02-09-2009 03:13 PM

2.5 inches? me likey!:clap:

-MAW- 02-09-2009 04:43 PM

don't waste your time on OE coils

do it right the first time got with after market coils

I went with TF BB and learned that all I did was waste my $$ because with the weight of my Fab Fours winch and recovery gear I lost enough to start rubing my skids

now I need a real lift of at least 3-4" should of listned to my own advice

but if you aren't going to trail a lot what's the point

and it is your jeep so do as you want:thumbsup:

dyolfknip 02-09-2009 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by -MAW- (Post 938898)
don't waste your time on OE coils

do it right the first time got with after market coils

I went with TF BB and learned that all I did was waste my $$ because with the weight of my Fab Fours winch and recovery gear I lost enough to start rubing my skids

now I need a real lift of at least 3-4" should of listned to my own advice

but if you aren't going to trail a lot what's the point

and it is your jeep so do as you want:thumbsup:

I don't agree. I added oe 4dr coils and my bumper and winch and it was more than enough for me at the time. Granted, I want a LA now but I have been running my current setup for a year now with no sag. And I know my front is heavy. For those on a budget then for the 2 dr the 4 dr rubi springs combined with a bb are more that good enough. I get quit a bit of flex also.