JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Central Canada (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/central-canada-58/)
-   -   well here it is the officail canada gas price threat (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/central-canada-58/well-here-officail-canada-gas-price-threat-36864/)

WRAITHYJEEP 04-17-2008 04:41 PM

well here it is the officail canada gas price threat

Thread not threat well threat to our modifcation plan or even a threat to owning a wrangle and switching out to say a compass

it just cost me 92$ to travel 495kms
I'm so happy when i bought my JK this cost me 62$

The gov made made it look like they were doing a good thing when they started transferring federal gas tax money to municipalities. this way they will not be able to cut the taxes off gas when prices jump this summer, but only here can we have a gas tax and then gst on top of a tax and commodity. good job.

Soon our economy will be crashing like the Americans cause of fuel prices truckers are already adding / increasing fuel surcharge there buy increasing the cost of foods,

even though the minimum wages is on the way to 10 an hr it isn't a life when ur just existing.
and what bites is u have worked at a job say for 12$ an hr only to now have minimum wage creap up now ur only 2 above them not 4 or 5 so the gap has close and that 12 $ wage earner never got raises.

oh and another silly thing those scooters, remember when ya didn't need a license for anything 50cc or less and now ya do cause of those pocket rocket bikes, so to choose and economical fuel efficient scooter u need a motor cycle license and motor cycle insurance for the entire yr and ya need plates and a motor cycle safety course, so much for back and forth to work for 2 weeks on 1 tank of 5$ gas. and an eco friendly low carbon impact and air pollution out of these efficient 4 stroke 50cc motors and a 2500$ machine
lets drive a vehicle instead with one person in it.

so lets here ur input what steps are u taking to over come the price impact of fuel, or environmental impact minimalisation (new word) methods.

I recall seeing that Americans won't sell of the big suv or truck till it hits 5$ a gallon and that price be sustained.

when driving our jk will people look at us and say wow they must be rich, pretty much like people do or say about people who drive a hummer.

the last fuel crunch i quit a job for a job closer to home i saved nearly 70$ aweek by not commuting as far and that was in a four door four cylinder fuel miser.

what do u all think
they are saying we will likely never see gas below a 1$ after this summer?

I know someone is going to say it well then why did u buy a jeep? shut up u know as well as I why we all buy wranglers.
but at what point do ya just walk away from the life style
and by the time we do our JK will have no resale value cause no one in there mind will pay 150$ to go around 500kms

WRAITHYJEEP 04-17-2008 04:48 PM

sorry should clarify i was refering to 1$ per litre

y2ksir 04-17-2008 04:50 PM

well sort of on topic, but on a lighter note....

I received a text message today on my cel phone...here it is:

"I wanna go down on you and make you so happy...then come back up slowly and F*** you so hard.....yours truly, gas prices."

I got a laugh out of it.

zeero 04-17-2008 04:53 PM

Well, I'll never walk away form the lifestyle....I couldn't, I'm just too tuned into it.....just gotta make sacrifices in other places.....like maybe not rent so many xbox 360 games from Blockbuster kind of thing......let me think about it a bit, and I'll have a better answer....LOL

Big D2 04-17-2008 06:29 PM

I filled up today.....at $1.17. If you compare that price to the rest of the world, that is actually cheap. We do drive a little more though. I found that I drive more sensibly. I don't mean slower but whenever you accelerate of the light, you don't gun it like it's a stop light grand prix. On the highway, I try and keep speeds under 115 or so. It may sound lethargic, but with the aerodynamics of a house the faster you go the more you burn. I guess I also pick my routes, or try and arrange errands so that I don't back track.

So how high can it go?

Octo 04-17-2008 07:56 PM

I filled up the other day and was glad I didn't have my JK. I paid €1.40 ($2.25CDN) a liter. :sad2:

WRAITHYJEEP 04-18-2008 05:11 AM

I know would wise it is cheap sort of but come one think about it we are not like the EU where the next town is 5KM away either (france fits into quebec like 7x or something like that so it is relative) in france sure u get 600kms from ur eco box car on 40 L but that will last 2 weeks there. most Europeans have it right work in the town u live in.

as for cheap... well down in south america it is .15cents per litre..
this is the price u pay when u don't belong to opec and when the government runs and owns the refineries. with all of canada's wealth of petroleum supplies you would think we could be self sufficient. if canada had 2 more refineries producing gasoline our price for gas would be .30 cents less but cause canada has only 3 fuel refineries new one to come on line soon making 4. it keeps the supply and demand economic basis for pricing up there. All the government has to do is say"if u want to refine and harvest oil in out country then u need to build a refinery"

look at the cost of corn now for food consumption, price has jumped cause of corn diversion to ethanol plants for fuel, which can't be run in most cars today, just flex fuel ones that take E85. or blended with gasoline at 10%. problem with that is while it is cleaner burning it also yields less energy there for less economy and you see this in the winter gas mileage decrease cause it contains more ethanol and methanol.

so if you don't go as far on ethanol there for you are using more which means they get to make more money from u at a mileage loss and cause you need more u create more emissions making the decreased emissions of ethanol only marginal over a properly gun gasoline vehicle.

zeero 04-18-2008 05:23 AM

Well another thing that is looking promising is this oil field that has been located in North Dakota.....approx. 200 Billion barrels worth....I beleive it was found in the 1950's but they couldn't get at it for a couple of reasons....

1. No side drilling technology

2. No technology to remove oil from soil/sand.....

So recently, Shell Oil in Alberta had produced the ability to do both.....and not only are they removing the oil from the sand, they are replacing the sand into its natural area.....

They can drill in multiple directions to as not to be harmful, evironmentally, to the surface area of the drillling platform.....drilling platforms these days are small and quiet and relatively easy to take down after use....so impact in an area is very minimal.

Anyway, heres the article about this.....

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/...news2.13s.html

Enjoy... :D

Mikied 04-18-2008 08:40 AM

We could always just swap the V6 for that diesel engine that is in the Cherokee. More power and more efficient:D

gordhunt 04-18-2008 09:56 AM

I actually don't mind paying more for gas as it stimulates the economy (I live in Alberta) and we all make more money due to the increased business etc. I've heard people bitch about the price of gas here and how the haven't made anymore money because of it but they don't look at the fact that the acreage / house etc they bought for $200,000 is now worth $800,000.00. Oh and I fill up my Jeep every second day at a cost of $70.00 or so as I put on about 1000-1500kms a week.