JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Down Under (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/down-under-59/)
-   -   Calling All Aussies! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/down-under-59/calling-all-aussies-9496/)

CHOOK72 09-16-2007 06:59 PM

Congrats

Congrats on the purchase Ozmarty.
I should have waited for the Rubi but was to impatient.
Enjoy it mate I took my Unlimited Sports to a mates farm in Mudgee
on the Apec long weekend and had a ball.
Will post some pics tomorrow.
See ya round...

And to all JK owners lets try and organise a meet some time soon...

Cheers,

CHOOK72

CHOOK72 09-17-2007 03:11 PM

She's flexing!!

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all.
Here are 2 pics of the RKCRLR in action:D .
Will post more soon:yup:

AussieJeepster 10-02-2007 11:35 PM

Another Aussie!

Hey all...sorry to join the thread so late (is there a time limit?!).

This is my first ever post!

I'm based in Perth...got my Rescue Green 4 door Manual Renegade 2 weeks ago.

Bought it from DVG Maddington. They are awesome.

Mods so far...mirror drill (of course), fire extinguisher mounted, reverse camera mounted, hooked up (standard stereo) DVD player to it, found some rear grab handle substitutes. I''ll post some pics sooooonnnn...

This is my second Jeep...had a 2006 TJ...needed the extra doors for my new daughter!

kerfy_jk_19 10-05-2007 07:44 PM

New to Jeep!

I've always wanted a jeeop ever since watching M*A*S*H as a kid!

Now I have myself a 2007 JK 2dr Renegade Freedom Top in black. Its my 1st Jeep and my 1st new car! :)

all a bit exciting, but to be honest I don't want to off-road him too much as I love the paintwork as is! I do want to bling it up a little...good places for parts? Is the internet the way or is there some little garage in Perth that'll help me out?

Another question...how big of a wheel can you fit into a 33" tyre?
And My stereo is DVD but no screen....and ideas on an upgrade?

Cool, peace out :)

AussieJeepster 10-06-2007 03:43 AM

Hiya Kerfy,

Congrats on the new car!! You'll love it. Don't worry about the paint...scratches polish out.:yup:

Not a lot of places for bling in Perth...4WD1 is good on the internet but can be pricey (but they usually include postage). Otherwise 4WDUSA is in Bayswater and can get stuff in...but I reckon US internet is the way to go...especially with the dollar going so well.

If you have the 6 disc DVD stereo it is a great unit...I just added a reverse camera and hooked up the monitor from that for DVD...it is really easy and the how to's on the forum made it easier still!

As Schulz would say "I know nothing!" about wheel sizes...you'll probably find answers in other forum sections.

Regards,
AussieJeepster

kerfy_jk_19 11-01-2007 04:33 PM

4WD1 is a bit pricey...i had a look on a few pages like quadratec and found that avondale automotives on ebay were the cheapest. I got some door sills, the chrome fuel door and an exhaust tip. nothing too big, but the prices were good although they dont sell everything. I think quadratec would be the best way to go for the most variety in parts...if anyone has any better ideas let me know!

Definitely looking for the rubber/plastic matting in the back cos it seems my border collie is gettin her hair everywhere in the carpet when we go for drives!! and a little muddy too from going swimming in rivers :p

The Jeep Aus website has all the accessories, would jeep wholesalers stock the stuff? Or order it in?

AussieJeepster 11-01-2007 06:07 PM

I have been trying to buy a Garmin Trailguide GPS...first try was Cyberjeep who charged my credit card then ten days later (after I chased them up) told me they didn't have one in stock and didn't know when they would get it...then tried Quadratec who were very helpful but for some reason couldn't charge my Visa card without me sending a copy of my statement to them...since all my bank accounts are tied up together there is NO WAY i am going to give all of my account details to someone across the world who may or may not be who they say they are and may or may not be an honest citizen...

SO!! Now I am still looking for a GPS...again.

AussieJeepster 11-01-2007 06:10 PM

Sorry Kerfy...went off on a rant and forgot to answer your question.

Most of the Jeep dealers can get the Mopar stuff (well, all of them *should* be able to)...but from my experience (not sure where you are based - but this is in Perth) they don't hold a lot of stock and would need to order it in.

If you don't want to go with a dealer, I have seen heaps of the US sites have Mopar gear. Depending what you want in the way of accessories you may be better to go aftermarket. From what I've read on this site a lot of the aftermarket stuff is cheaper and better quality than genuine Jeep/Mopar.

EDIT - Derrr...just looked at your location...Perth too!

shawnd 11-28-2007 03:43 AM

Hi Guys,

Ordered my JK Unlimited CRD in Rescue Green three weeks ago. Got a great deal at Chellingworth in Nedlands. It scheduled to arrive in Oz on the 31st December 2007 so it should be 2008 Compliant. The dealer has said it should be ready for pick up in the third week of Jan 2008. The wait is going to kill me!!! Looks like there are a few JK owners in Perth.

Shawn.

AussieJeepster 11-28-2007 01:07 PM

Yay!! Another Perth Jeeper!

Well done...if the wait doesn't kill you, you'll love it!

Welcome aboard. This site is great for all the tips and tricks etc. Be sure to look through the cheap mods post! You have plenty of time to plan all the stuff you'll do to your brand new Jeep.

shawnd 11-29-2007 10:32 PM

Has anyone from Perth ordered any jeeps accessories from Quadratec??

Are they priced well??

How long for delivery???

jazsam 03-03-2008 02:43 AM

hi guys just thought I'd say hi
new jk crd 4dr renegade owner here
love the jeep can't wait to get it off road after it's first service.

vans 05-27-2008 12:19 AM

G'day All

Just found this thread and saying hello. I'm in Perth

Reading about the guy that sold the skyline to got to a wrangler, i know how you feel i just sold my Supra and now have a 4dr Rubicon! Big difference haha

Pete

kiwichris 06-01-2008 02:41 PM

aussie jeep owners

Hi all just signed up on this site, I live in yeppoon qld, I pick up my jk 4 door this thursday what a hassle to get one, two dealers and eight weeks of stalled deliveries, but my jeep arrived, it is black not my favourite colour but will do, have to wait 4 weeks for arb to make a bullbar so no spotties or uhf radio till then. off to five rocks this weekend to try it out in the sand wish me luck. Cheers Chris....:clap:

ozmarty 06-02-2008 03:10 AM

Welcome Kiwichris. I've had my black 4 door Rubicon since last September and love it. A tip for sand driving - apart from reducing your tyre pressures, disable ESP via the switch in your centre control stack.

Cheers,

jeeptheone 06-17-2008 01:59 AM

Hey you lot, another one from the AJOR crew in Australia.

Got the Flame Red Unlimited when I traded the WH and loving it.

JTO

Andy25 07-20-2008 03:30 AM

IM an ausie located in rockhampton qld im just in the process of fitting my rock krawler 3.5 lift

Alaskandwnundr 10-08-2008 02:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 13885
Attachment 13886

Hi Everyone, just found this Aussie Thread, I live in Melbourne and have had the Rubi for about 6 months.

Mods include: 2.5 inch Old Man Emu (OME) Suspension, Pro Comp Extreme 35s on Pro Comp 9000 Series.

Love the rig and lots more to come.

BlackBrissy 10-21-2008 07:08 PM

hi all another Brisbane JK. Stock right now but building up a wish list before i pull the trigger on mods

undertaker 11-07-2008 08:26 PM

New to the jeep thing but love it :ya: . I'am in brisbane

ozmarty 11-08-2008 12:52 AM

Welcome aboard Undertaker, but be warned - Jeeps are highly addictive, and may become a serious wealth hazard.

CrazyNuts 05-28-2009 10:04 PM

Another Perth member here :)

Been browsing JK-Forum since June 08 but only recently started posting.

slimmick 08-24-2009 06:13 AM

G'dyay guys, I'm from South Australia..Nice to see other Aussies with a passion for the Wranglers.

I've got a 07 4dr
2" OME suspenion lift
33" MTZ

jeeptheone 11-11-2009 11:42 AM

Hey its a bit quiet on the Aussie front here, I know alot of you AJOR members browse this forum.

Stop in and say howdy.

JTO

r8tourer 04-08-2010 08:42 PM

Been a while since a post in this thread!

Gday all, I am matt from Orange NSW :)

Hoping to sell my HSV with-in a few months and swap over to the JK!

Byrnesy 05-27-2010 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Gidday all Aussies. I'm in Newcastle/Lake Macquarie.

Had my JK Unlimited CRD for 3 weeks now. Kitted out with ARB Bullbar, Warn 9K Magnum Winch, GME UHF and OME Suspension.

JKlad 06-15-2010 05:12 AM

Maaaaaaate! Can't believe I've missed this little corner of the forum 'till now! Must say I recognise a few names & avitars from our AJOR forum.

Based in Sydney, & the Jk 2-door's remaining mainly stock for another 18mths till the warranty expires & then I'll probably go nuts. Not much wheeling to be done in Sydney these days (apart from Menai if you have access clearance) so usually hit the Central Coast & Hunter Valley for a spin now & again.

jeeptheone 07-28-2010 11:53 PM

Good to see a few more names from the AJOR forum.

Also been a while since the last post.

JTO

GRAVL 07-29-2010 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by jeeptheone (Post 1785553)
Good to see a few more names from the AJOR forum.

Also been a while since the last post.

JTO

Thats because we spend to much time on AJOR... JTO,

Like the vids by the way... :thumbsup:

Murpha 09-14-2010 09:11 AM

Adelaide Hills checking in!

I picked up a MY10 2dr Petrol a couple of months ago. All I've done so far is rip the back seats out and mount an air compressor under the bonnet.

Struggling to find a bumper I like at the moment (or 1800 bucks to get the AEV one...)

Jkwheelin 09-30-2010 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am Aussie' but I live in Moab Utah. Anyone planning to come over from Australia? :beer:
I am from central Victoria, lived in the States for 10 years. Have an '07, silver JK here she is

slimmick 10-15-2010 05:08 AM

G'day for Whyalla South Australia..

slimmick 10-15-2010 05:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Having fun in the wet

thatsnotmanners 10-16-2010 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by slimmick (Post 1894020)
Having fun in the wet

Great photo there slimmick!!!

rndptkea 11-07-2010 08:05 PM

G'Day from Brissie... Had my Jeep for about 10 Months now, still love it...:beer:

jetblackwrangler 11-23-2010 12:58 AM

Can't believe I have never seen this thread. Hi all I'm from Sydney I have a black 2dr petrol jk. Mods so far are arb front and rear bumpers, ipf spotties, and ome suspension with 33" tyres.

Ruff Guts 01-05-2011 03:43 AM

Hey guys, I'm Dan and I live in Brisbane. I bought my Black 08 Unlimited Sport about 2 months ago. Completely addicted to the Jeep. It's only stock at the moment, but I don't think it will take too long before things start happening to it...

Now just cause I want to show it off... PICS!!!

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/.../Photo0027.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/.../Photo0029.jpg

Feel free to hit us up if any of you are going out on the trails, I do a mad BBQ and my butcher sells restaurant quality steak!

Cheers :beer:
Dan

Burls 01-24-2011 02:41 PM

Just signed up

G'day Folks

Traded my trusty TJ (11 years old, 198000 trouble free ks) for a shiny new JK Silver V6 6speed with Renegade pack, had it 10 days now, hope it is as good as the old one.:thumbsup:

pics to follow when able

cheers

DoneandDone 03-19-2011 03:28 AM

In Sydney, Black Unlimited Diesel.

Hey, There are plenty of JK's around the place, the problem is half of them never see a dirt road. I love my Jeep besides the fire second day of ownership when I was offroad.

JKEEP 03-20-2011 10:53 PM

5 Attachment(s)
G'Day Boyz... shout out from western Sydney

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 140299[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]