JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Down Under (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/down-under-59/)
-   -   Calling All Aussies! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/down-under-59/calling-all-aussies-9496/)

moun10eer 06-29-2007 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Violet Rose (Post 114831)
...I don;t look like I have a wad of money... ancient goth girl here...

Sorry, I'm not an Aussie... I was just looking through. This is completely off-topic, but sounds like you might be a Nick Cave fan!? :)

aussiemark 07-01-2007 06:15 AM

So I did give my dealership a call, they are still saying Aug delivery, but hearing a lot of news about delays, re routing etc elsewhere, so I am not holding my breath. Then have been doing further research on installing the AEV bumper and it looks like it might not be ADR compliant - so rethinking that..... and other info that if I modify the suspension beyond 50mm my insurance isnt valid.....whats the world coming to.

Mud 07-15-2007 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mud (Post 106234)
Hi guys

I'll be ordering a Wrangler Sport + Renegade Pack in Jeep Green as soon as I can sell this.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...owtopic=124132

SOLD!!!

Just gotta sort my finance for me new house, and with a bit of luck I'll soon be ordereing my 1st Jeep.

I'm now going for an Unlimited in Jeep Green, Sans Renegade Pack.
I'll probably never use the hard top, I will be putting in my own stereo, and I can get a set of side steps later.

daveaus 07-15-2007 06:21 PM

Nice, thats a big change skyline to wrangler.

Are you sure you don't want the hard top? $2000 is pretty cheap, to try and buy it later would cost a lot more. The upgraded stereo & side steps are pretty much worthless.

I was suprised about just how quiet the softtop was but I will definately be running the hard top all winter.

Are you getting crd or petrol?

Dave

Mud 07-15-2007 06:33 PM

Yeah I'll miss the Skyline.

I live in Brissy, and have been riding a scooter all winter so far. I can manage the cold with a soft top.
We are also in drought here so it never rains which means the top will be down all the time.

Yeah $2500 is pretty cheap for the hard top, but i'm better off paying the extra and getting the 4 door.

I will be getting petrol.

Violet Rose 07-16-2007 12:42 AM

Hiya Mud

Great news to hear that you have sold the Skyline! I would invest in the hard top, seriously... in the Renegade pack you get - hardtop, side step, sub woofer and 6 stacker DVD - well worth the pack and the side steps really do come in handy!

I seriously love my JK... alas, the only off roading so far has been the grass outside my Father's house!

Violet Rose :wave:

CHOOK72 07-25-2007 11:48 PM

Hi all you Oz JK lovers!

Hello all.
Seems there are a few of us out there now!
I've had my 4dr JK (Blk) since May 07 and loving it.
I couldn't wait for a Rubi 4dr to arrive but still very happy :yup:
Getting some accessories from the US that will beef it up a bit once
complete will post some pics...
Enjoy..

CHOOK72 (rego:RKCRLR)

Violet Rose 07-26-2007 04:39 AM

Hiya Chook!

Where in Sydney are you? I'm on the upper north shore and the only JK I see is my own or what was in the dealer yesterday and this morning. I did see a cool black 4dr this morning with chrome tube bumper bars, only saw the back in a fleeting glance - looked great!

Violet Rose :wave: Lic Plate: COR 53T

jkrenegade 07-26-2007 05:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
some pics of my new baby!!

still got a bit to do as in lift and a few more bits.

CHOOK72 07-26-2007 03:41 PM

JK Lovers..

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Violet Rose.

Great to hear from you:) . I am based in Sydney and always keep an eye out for a new JK when I am out and about.
I got the Renegade Pack with mine as well and look forwrd to taking the hardtop off in summer and cruising up the coast....might bump into you!
I will be putting a 4" lift with some 33" Micky T MTZ's on Micky T Classic II 17x9's
This will be happening on the 10th August. Bumper is in with Warn winch and will also put some extra lights possibly IPF or Hella..any thoughts on which brand or lights?
Have a great weekend Violet Rose and to all you JK freaks:crazyeyes:
Regs,,

CHOOK72:yup: