Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
Is it possible that I'm the only one from Long Island on this forum?
*L* I think i am the only one from Niagara on here.

although i did see a 2dr Silver Hardtop Sahara at the grocery store the other day. *shrugs*
Old 02-16-2007, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would LOVE to get back into some offroading. I would also love to get a beach pass. When I got my empire pass for the state parks last year I asked the guy about it and he said it isn't hard at all. You fill out some form, pay your dues and it seems as though you're all set. As usual, they just want their money.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by EMSmurph
I would LOVE to get back into some offroading. I would also love to get a beach pass. When I got my empire pass for the state parks last year I asked the guy about it and he said it isn't hard at all. You fill out some form, pay your dues and it seems as though you're all set. As usual, they just want their money.
Last time I had a beach pass was in '90. Back then you needed ropes, a shovel, port-a-potty etc. not sure what the rules are now.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was born in Port Jeff, But I didn't live there for too long. ended up moving to CT, and I've pretty much been here ever since.
I take the ferry from Bridgeport and go visit now and again. Mainly in the summer.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
I was born in Port Jeff, But I didn't live there for too long. ended up moving to CT, and I've pretty much been here ever since.
I take the ferry from Bridgeport and go visit now and again. Mainly in the summer.
Maybe we can start a tri-state thread so we get more members.

Do you still use LI's beaches?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

if any of your friends are looking to order a new jk
let me know I am close friends with the manager at Bayside Jeep and he can give you a great deal on one

all the other guys in long island were asking list on them and I started laughing
Old 02-26-2007, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Snake
if any of your friends are looking to order a new jk
let me know I am close friends with the manager at Bayside Jeep and he can give you a great deal on one

all the other guys in long island were asking list on them and I started laughing
I couldn't find anyone offering me less than list. I checked Westbury, Huntington and Hicksville.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

I've never paid list for any model vehicle purchased, a dealer will always take off atleast a little bit from the sticker, if they don't I would walk out the door and go to the next one. You should of been able to get atleast $500 off from the wrangler since the invoice is rougly a thousand below, any dealer at any time will sell a car for $500 over invoice unless he really has no urge to let the car go. Doesnt matter if the car is Jap, US or German. Especially if its a factory order. Check Edmunds.com, they will give you a rough estimate of what you should be paying even if you can't buy it at invoice or below.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
Maybe we can start a tri-state thread so we get more members.

Do you still use LI's beaches?
As for the Tri-state thread...That sounds like an interesting idea

And as far as going to the beach... I don't get there hardly enough.
To be quite honest, I haven't been in a couple of years
Things on my end were quite hecktic for a while and I didn't even get over to LI, let alone make it to the beach. But things seem to have settled down (We all know how life can be sometimes) So I'm gonna do my best to get over there as often as posssable this year.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Default Long Island here

I am still waiting for my 4 door sahara with 6 speed, my gig, blk/gry, 18inch wheels, tow pack, hardtop. i think thats everything. The only option i didnt get was side airbags. its been 5 weeks... dont know what the wait should be? my dealer said 5-7 weeks. I got the wrangler at invoice.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY