Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Looking for the best snorkel

Old 12-15-2017, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for the best snorkel

Good evening, I am looking to buy a snorkel for my 2013 JKU, but not sure which one to get. I really don't want anything too big or bulky. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You're 10 mins up the road from me....but on topic...

The rugged ridge is functional and not crazy hideous. What are you looking to do with your snorkel? The river raider is probably one of my favorites but it limits the view from the passenger seat. I've got the rugged ridge if you want to check it out.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get the AEV snorkel and don't look back. It's an easy install, even with the hood cut. Lots of people complaining about the cheap plastic of the Rugged Ridge snorkel cracking.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

AEV . Large air intake . Proven reliable in various conditions . Least invasive to the vehicle . Direct route to intake . Easy install . Least number of twists and turns , means less restrictions on the “cooler” air supply . Some owners report an extra MPG or so . My first thoughts after researching for a long time . Very happy with my AEV snorkel on a 2012 auto JKU with oem soft top & half doors . Good luck
Old 12-18-2017, 09:22 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Have had the rugged ridge snork since it came out! Works great, has never cracked... runs great for over 4 years now. The lid when it first came out was prone to have the plastic latches crack or break, they redesigned the latches to metal a couple of years ago, and I think the problem is gone. Good protection, can be put back to stock simple, no sheet metal to cut. I have used a couple of different tops on the snorkel, and even stock it comes with two different ones.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

I clean cottages on the OBX and during the storms it floods really bad. Just looking for something to protect my Jeep when I have to go thru the deep areas. And I think we met a few years ago at the #TFT in PA back in 2011. Do you know BattleFrog? My ex husband is Harve22.

Last edited by JK Angel; 12-19-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Can you guys post a picture so I can see what it looks like on Jeep? I just don't want anything that is too bulky, if you know what I mean.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:44 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Here is a pic of the rugged ridge with one of the round dust catcher tops on it... you ca nalso have a ram style top, or a fender height top. Not bulky at all...
Old 01-16-2018, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Angel
I clean cottages on the OBX and during the storms it floods really bad. Just looking for something to protect my Jeep when I have to go thru the deep areas. And I think we met a few years ago at the #TFT in PA back in 2011. Do you know BattleFrog? My ex husband is Harve22.
Sorry I missed this response. Yes, we met at TFT and BattleFrog is a good friend. I have pictures but the program makes it tough to upload. You can swing by and check it out any time. I'll send a PM as well

Quick Reply: Looking for the best snorkel