JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   East Coast (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/east-coast-51/)
-   -   Manhattan NY "fun things to do" suggestions? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/east-coast-51/manhattan-ny-fun-things-do-suggestions-53766/)

SASQUATCH 09-05-2008 01:09 PM

Manhattan NY "fun things to do" suggestions?

Will be doing some training soon for a week and was curious what to do while there after class? Do plan on checking out the WTC site, hear they are selling tickets for that which pisses me off but whatever, anyway there and Ellis Island maybe hit Coney Island, just looking for ideas.

RDY4RKS 09-05-2008 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH (Post 672743)
Will be doing some training soon for a week and was curious what to do while there after class? Do plan on checking out the WTC site, hear they are selling tickets for that which pisses me off but whatever, anyway there and Ellis Island maybe hit Coney Island, just looking for ideas.

You should also go to the top of the empire state building.

SASQUATCH 09-05-2008 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by RDY4RKS (Post 672763)
You should also go to the top of the empire state building.

oh yeahhhh great idea :thumbsup:, thanks

lc619fr 09-05-2008 01:31 PM

I hear the south bronx is beautiful this time of year:rotflmao2:

SASQUATCH 09-05-2008 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by lc619fr (Post 672783)
I hear the south bronx is beautiful this time of year:rotflmao2:

:rotflmao2:.................................... :rollingeyes:

sounds like something a VA boy would say :D

lc619fr 09-05-2008 01:51 PM

You know how we are down here (or up here to you), find the bright side about everything.

SASQUATCH 09-05-2008 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08 (Post 672895)
the museum of natural history is a lot of fun..

another good idea :thumbsup:

guinness 09-05-2008 04:20 PM

The intrepid wont be back for a few weeks at least. Skip coney island now that the summer is over. Empire state is a good choice as well as any of the museums. As far as the WTC site you can view it from the financial buildings on the west side. Ive never seen a tour available that takes you on site but it may be possible.

Personal reccomendations would be pubs(if training allows) and food. NYC is pretty much the center of the universe when it comes to drinkin and eatin.

RED9BULL 09-05-2008 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH (Post 672743)

I suggest you leave this disgusting city full of disgusting liberals ASAP!!!!!!
Maybe that was a little harsh... You should check out Times Square, Empire State building, Grand central station, Central Park. Just stay south of about 96st, things get real bad real fast further north of there.....

SASQUATCH 09-05-2008 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by RED9BULL (Post 673131)
I suggest you leave this disgusting city full of disgusting liberals ASAP!!!!!!
Maybe that was a little harsh... You should check out Times Square, Empire State building, Grand central station, Central Park. Just stay south of about 96st, things get real bad real fast further north of there.....

Ok thanks for the tip, Empire State Bldg is definitely a must.