JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   East Coast (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/east-coast-51/)
-   -   Stag Hill - Mahwah, NJ - anyone ever been? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/east-coast-51/stag-hill-mahwah-nj-anyone-ever-been-218334/)

FoxRacingJMC 02-13-2012 02:46 PM

Stag Hill - Mahwah, NJ - anyone ever been?

I posted this in the Trails and Tales section too, thought I'd post here as well...

Just curious if any fellow east coast jeepers, preferably in Jersey, have been here? If so, what are your thoughts? Are there multiple trails or is it just one? Any water crossings?

Of course, most important question - is it legal? Don't really feel like gettin' busted.:thumbsup::beer::rock:

FoxRacingJMC 02-13-2012 05:50 PM

My rig is far from normal :thumbsup: I like a good challenge tho, simple trails bore me... :doh:

I mean, there are videos on youtube of a bunch of jeepers so I'm sure its good.

jm102602 02-13-2012 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC (Post 2848065)
My rig is far from normal :thumbsup: I like a good challenge tho, simple trails bore me... :doh:

I mean, there are videos on youtube of a bunch of jeepers so I'm sure its good.

was just checking some videos out looks pretty good. I have no idea where that is though I'm from Ocean County, I'm assuming that is North of me.

HighRoad 02-13-2012 06:07 PM

Let's set up a ride!!

jm102602 02-13-2012 06:13 PM

Looks like that is about 2 hrs away from where I'm at I'd definitely give it a shot if you guys were up for a Sunday run, If not I'd have to try and take a vacation day

FoxRacingJMC 02-13-2012 06:14 PM

Its on the border of Jersey and NY pretty much. Its way up north in Jersey, think its the 2nd to last exit on the parkway. Like 30 min, 45 the most from Morristown area. Probably an hour and 30 min from ocean county.

I'm down, maybe the beginning of next month? Need some time to plan it, I have a daughter now...she comes first! :yup:

JKGT 02-13-2012 06:19 PM

Also interested, I've been behind the Philly airport a few times to get dirty and rausch creek (stock) bump grind.... Ouch ! But I since have put on a RC 2.5 stock mod and looking into 35's

NJ-RUBICON 02-13-2012 07:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
I posted this in the Trails and Tales section too, thought I'd post here as well...

Just curious if any fellow east coast jeepers, preferably in Jersey, have been here? If so, what are your thoughts? Are there multiple trails or is it just one? Any water crossings?

Of course, most important question - is it legal? Don't really feel like gettin' busted.:thumbsup::beer::rock:

I've been and it's difficult at parts. Hill climbs and mud. Some water as well

FoxRacingJMC 02-14-2012 08:23 AM

Good, I hope it's harder than those videos....cause like I said, easy trails bore me.... I wanna wheel hard and this place looks like the place to go since Rausch is over 2 hours away for me.

So, this place will do for now. I mean, I don't plan on being macho man out there cause we all don't wanna break anything, but again - I don't like puttin' around on fire roads, I want some challenge.

FoxRacingJMC 02-14-2012 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Timmylynn (Post 2849037)
Agree to agree. I was just pointing out that I didn't know where they were in those vids...

I hear ya... I mean, some parts in those vids look a little bit of a challenge, but the other parts are more just of rocky roads/trails. As long as it's not like a mile of trail and then you gotta turn around and come back, I won't mind. I want to be able to go out and wheel for a couple hours or more and not just make a quick pass through. Not too much into mudding either, here and there yes....but not primarily what im lookin for.