Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Trails in Pennsylvania

Old 10-05-2008, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Trails in Pennsylvania

I live near Reading, PA but did not grow up here, so I have no idea where any trails are. I would love to do a little off roading, but the only thing I know about is Rausch Creek. Anyway I am trying to get a list together of Trails in PA. If anyone has any trails or info to add to the list, please take a few seconds to do so.

1. Rausch Creek
Old 10-05-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Great, any info on how it is? I don't mind spending the $100 if there is a decent size area / trails to play on.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a little far, but Casparis is a very good wheeling spot. It's outside of Connellsville, PA. got plenty of trails there and the trails are a lot of fun to navigate.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

I would be willing to travel for a good day of wheeling and some camping if there is something worth while. I am not that far away from Rausch Creek though, so it would have to be something good. I was hoping to find something here in Berks county.

If you have something planned or are trying to plan something then let me know. I would be more than willing to help out with anything as well.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

im right at the western edge of philly, about 1 1/2 hours from RC, if you are looking for a wheeling partner, PM me.

as long as im not working (i am on a rotating schedule of 4 on and 4 off) id be more than happy to join you....

look up greasemonkey, hes not too far from you
Old 10-15-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hello all, First post I live just North of Philly. I Just got my jeep about 3 weeks ago. I went to the Pine Barrens last week. Nov 1st, RC with JeffDaniels. I am also looking to do a little more wheeling in the area.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Welcome aboard! There is a ton of great info. on this forum. To top that, the people are amazing. You should really enjoy it here.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wheeling PA

Just a suggestion ,but you might want to look into joining a local 4x4 club. that is usually your best bet for wheeling info. Check out KeystoneKrawlers.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ricrac12525
Just a suggestion ,but you might want to look into joining a local 4x4 club. that is usually your best bet for wheeling info. Check out KeystoneKrawlers.
Thanks, I was looking into joining Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance, but the only thing with all of the clubs in PA is that the only place they seem to go is Rausch Creek, which I already know about.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by acelockco
Thanks, I was looking into joining Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance, but the only thing with all of the clubs in PA is that the only place they seem to go is Rausch Creek, which I already know about.
Do you have any interest in Casparis? We went last fall with some people from the forum. We stayed overnight in a hotel, but Jeepin Dad has made the trip there and back in 1 day. I'd enjoy going there again sometime.

here are some pics

Quick Reply: Trails in Pennsylvania