JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Eastern Canada (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/eastern-canada-108/)
-   -   Atlantic Canada... show your rig! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/eastern-canada-108/atlantic-canada-show-your-rig-149495/)

GrimsbyAl 03-24-2011 04:09 AM

4 Attachment(s)
my wife is from Sydney Mines and we head east for 2 weeks every year so I hope I 'm ok to post my pics.

itsajeepthing91 04-09-2011 02:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Wanted to show off my new line-x job

Harbourone 04-13-2011 04:30 PM

Where'd you get it done? How much did it cost? line-x is on my to do list.

scorpion king 04-14-2011 12:43 AM

Cummon Mike....waiting to see pics of the rig in Trek Top trim :wink:

Hope everything is cool with you and the new family dude :)

Harbourone 04-14-2011 08:29 AM

Gimme 5 min. I'll post em up from my driveway.

It's dirty, hope you fellas don't mind ;)

Harbourone 04-14-2011 08:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I guess it rained kinda sideways and washed half my rig last night.

Anyway. Love this top. The little wind noise is barely worse then factory. Definitly a good trade for the looks.

scorpion king 04-14-2011 09:45 AM

Very nice Mike! That top looks WICKED and you don't see any of them around this area either! Right on :thumbsup:

Now I'm gonna ask you where you got it, how much and all the other stuff that goes along with wanting one as well lol

I am very close to pulling the trigger on the bushwacker flat flares right now but after seeing this top...... what to do first lol

How's the top for fit, water leakage, wind noise, flapping, ease of use, access in and out of the back, etc... what's your overall opinion and pros and cons of it so far?

Been out wheelin lately?

Harbourone 04-14-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by scorpion king
Very nice Mike! That top looks WICKED and you don't see any of them around this area either! Right on :thumbsup:

Now I'm gonna ask you where you got it, how much and all the other stuff that goes along with wanting one as well lol

I am very close to pulling the trigger on the bushwacker flat flares right now but after seeing this top...... what to do first lol

How's the top for fit, water leakage, wind noise, flapping, ease of use, access in and out of the back, etc... what's your overall opinion and pros and cons of it so far?

Been out wheelin lately?

Bought it from bustabizz. 650$-ish with free shipping to Calais maine.

No water leaks at all, I had one drip on the a pillar in our last storm. I was driving 125kmh and it was pouring. Never had any other leaks though.

Wind noise is a little louder then the factory one at the header on both sides. Not bad, but noticeable. No flapping unless you've got windows down in odd combinations. When I crack mine to smoke it stay ballooned up pretty good. With all the windows up it's tight as can be with the fan on the lowest setting.

I don't dare open the back window yet with it being this cold. This thing was a HUGE PITA to put on. Super tight canvas. We were over an inch short on the last corner. It took a heat gun, a space heater inside the jeep and two 250+ lb men to get this top to fit (with lots of aweating and cursing). If it was installed on a hot summer day in the sun it would be much easier.

I'm really happy with it over all. Looks good, fits good, no leaks, minor flapping.

If it comes off and goes back on easy in the summer, it will be a 5 star product.

scorpion king 04-18-2011 03:15 AM

Right on Mike... it does look very nice.

Hopefully it'll be a little easier to manage when it warms up and stretches out a bit maybe.

I heard they have a 3rd gen trek top out now too... the NX with zip out windows and stuff.... wanna sell your trek top lol

Harbourone 04-18-2011 09:16 AM

Hahahaha no thanks steve. The mod string is coming to an end. It's lots of fun getting to this point, but from here it's gotta be more focused. Too expensive to do twice lol. Next up is a carrier, gearing and c gussets. Then I can run my 37's!

Any good shops for gear swaps around here? A guy that used to own a race shop said most places should only be 250-300$ an axle if I supply everything.