JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   European Countries (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/european-countries-60/)
-   -   Bestop Supertop NX (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/european-countries-60/bestop-supertop-nx-189619/)

Ntgas 08-04-2011 10:50 AM

Bestop Supertop NX

3 Attachment(s)
Supertop nx arrived today, temp dropped and the rain started.

Well I have waited since April, so what's a couple of extra days till it warms up.

Only had the chance to open the box and sort all the bits.

Couple of issue, one M5x30 screw missing and one bit of 3M tap stuck to one of the metal bits.

3M Tape bits really should be in a separate bag.

Off shopping tomorrow for a replacement screw.

Then try and instal :-)

scotlandjk 08-05-2011 08:13 AM

Keep us updated. It sucks when hardware is missing :naw:. I was thinking of getting one of these but not sure how much I would end up using it. Did you order from the states or from the UK? I know that outback automotive say that they can get them but think it might be cheaper from the states anyway.

Dom

Ntgas 08-05-2011 11:10 PM

Ordered from the UK via Outback, got a good deal on price due to errors on a previous order.

Hope to run with it for most of the year, but then it's not as cold as Scotland down here in the south.

The NX sun roof option should mean that we open it lots :-)

Hoping for some sun today to warm the top and stretch it out for fitting.

Post some pics once it's on.

Now need to store the hardtop some how. :thinking:

Ntgas 08-07-2011 01:31 AM

23 Attachment(s)
So first things first, need to find one "naked" JK.
Removed hard top using my hoist in the garage.

Attachment 191791

Hardtop left hanging

Attachment 191784

And one naked JK on the drive

Attachment 191785

Next on to the door surrounds, these go on real easy and just bolt in place

Attachment 191788

Attachment 191789

Attached the rear bow mounts to the roll cage, these mount to the original OEM mount points

Attachment 191793

Next up is to attach all the framework to the top, found this a little challenging when reading the instructions, but laid it out in the garage as if it was on the JK and it all falls into place.

Attachment 191792

Attachment 191794

Next step was to lay it all out on top and start attaching the hardware

Attachment 191795

Attachment 191796

Made the mistake at this point of trying to attach the front having already attached the rear corners, the fabric was so tight that we were about 1" sort at the front. So attach the front and work backwards.

Attachment 191797

Got both front and back secured.

Attachment 191798

But unable to line up the fabric to the bow bars inside on day one, left it to stretch in the sun and connected all ok on the second day.

Attachment 191799

Attachment 191800

Attachment 191801

Attachment 191802

On to the rear and side windows next, not difficult

Attachment 191803

Attachment 191804

Attachment 191805

Some pics of it folded, did take 2 to fold, but that's more to do with not knowing what to do than it being hard to fold

Attachment 191806

Attachment 191807

Attachment 191808

No pictures of it completely folded as yet.

As this is my first jeep and my first soft top can't compare to the OEM tail gate bar, but this one is "challenging" might stop some one borrowing the jeep for shopping and school runs till I have sorted it out.

Lots of rain last night and no leaks, nice new car smell from the fabric and the ride seems to be quiet, no hard top squeal.

Just need to live with it to see if it's as good as it appears, has given the JK a whole new look that the family approve of, so can't be bad.

Post pics of it fully down when I get some.

kooty 08-07-2011 02:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Subscriped :clap:
Cant wait to get my supertop , your JK looks exactly like mine , but mine is a 2dr
Can you get more pictures of it ?

scotlandjk 08-07-2011 02:23 AM

Looks awesome :thumbsup: .

I mis-read the title and thought it was the trektop, not the supertop. Looks pretty good quality, my brother has a 2dr factory softop and it looks about the same, just a lot more expensive!

Hope the sun comes out for a few more weeks at least!

Ntgas 08-07-2011 02:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Couple more pics with the top up, post more when I can.

So far super top nx looks like a good option, just have to live with it to understand it a bit. Like always start from the front and work back. First time working back to front was a killer, thought I had made a mistake in getting a soft top : thinking:

Ntgas 08-07-2011 02:28 AM

trektop won't fit the dog in the back, so went with the super top.

You might see it arround if you are still "down south" last week of august as we are in Devon/Cornwall then.

From what I've read Bestop make the OEM for jeep anyway, might need a OEM tailgate bar from what others have said, will wait and see.

Ntgas 08-07-2011 09:13 AM

Just had about 1/2 an inch of rain in half an hour, really heavy, and no leaks :-)

scotlandjk 08-07-2011 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ntgas (Post 2452660)
trektop won't fit the dog in the back, so went with the super top.

You might see it arround if you are still "down south" last week of august as we are in Devon/Cornwall then.

From what I've read Bestop make the OEM for jeep anyway, might need a OEM tailgate bar from what others have said, will wait and see.

Yeh the trektop does intrude on cargo space. The Dartmouth Regatta is on at the end of August, the red arrows and eurofighter are pretty neat at the end. :yup:

Originally Posted by Ntgas (Post 2453075)
Just had about 1/2 an inch of rain in half an hour, really heavy, and no leaks :-)

Good to hear.