Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

ScotlandJK AEV Install

Old 03-06-2017, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RLT
Its been a while on hear
Had to get my hubs done also ... last year around 67,000
It was the near side that was faulty for me, causing the sensor to act up
Had just entered the forest tracks at Kielder when it happen (had a tell tale sign a few weeks earlier tho)
Disconnected sensor, drove OK, but with lite up dash so continued with the day out.
As it happens
Just got ball & U-Joints done couple of weeks ago plus inner front axle seals, as had issues getting short shaft back in
Hopefully good to go for anther 60-70K with luck

Any reason you swapped out the synergy b/Joints for the Teraflex ?

Just had the clock spring recall done last week
Being a MK1 2007 build I was told it included the airbag as well plus new shroud
Yeah the sensors were fine for me aside from sometime the cruise control dropping out randomly- it seems to not do that anymore with the new hubs/sensors installed. The bearing was in a pretty bad way too - a nice metal on metal sound.

No real reason for swapping out the ball joint choice - just the fact that the synergies didn't last as long as hoped. I will try and stick to the correct greasing regime for these and hopefully get a bit more out of them!

Thanks for the heads up about recall - I haven't had my jeep at the garage for many years so don't hear about these anymore. I will give them a phone as see what they say. Mine is an early 07 model so likely will need that done too!

Cheers,
Dom

Quick Reply: ScotlandJK AEV Install