Notices

T4T Main Event Pre-Run Safety Checks/101 Clinic

Old 05-03-2013, 02:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T4T Main Event Pre-Run Safety Checks/101 Clinic

Hey there everyone, feel free to post questions/concerns/awesomeness here... As you are all aware, not all of us have advanced off-road experience...and some of our groups will have people whom seldom venture off the asphalt trails (roads). That being said, I want to organize a pre-run safety check/buddy system so that we can effectively depart the staging area on Saturday morning (and Sunday if necessary).

If at all possible I would like to get ONE (or more) volunteer(s) from each group to spot check their Rookie drivers. It's nothing major, but giving tips on how to disconnect, air down, hold the steering wheel, etc are things that some people just don't understand. It's my hope that this person(s) would be someone other than the trail guide for the group...possibly the tail gunners...so that we trail guides can do trail guidey stuff and not be bogged down.

Trail Guides, if you know of anyone...or can handle the added duty...please comment here so we can get a discussion going. As most know, and all will, I drive a CJ...so my understanding of the requirements of new Jeeps is limited, but I can effectively communicate directions and usually make what I'm saying interesting enough for people to wanna listen.

Safety 3rd!!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Pretty sure I can handle this with my assistant Michelle
Old 05-04-2013, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

Knew I could count on you guys!! I'm not sure how many 101 level people are gonna be there, and just want to make sure that we aren't scrambling around the morning of to wrangle volunteers.

If you're one of those who needs assistance please don't be afraid ask!! Remember, We have 500+ vehicles that want to be on the trails and not in a staging area...we won't judge you and are all pretty awesome people, once you get to know us of course, that dont bite...too hard...
Old 05-04-2013, 03:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already told Dave I would be there early Saturday and Sunday if needed to help. I know last year I was helping people disconnect swaybars and air down tires. I think I have atleast one other person in my group who I can probably get to help out with this.

Last edited by Jeepin Dad; 05-04-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
I already told Dave I would be there early Saturday and Sunday if needed to help. I know last year I was helping people disconnect swaybars and air down tires. I think I have atleast one other person in my group who I can probably get to help out with this.
I can help if needed. Just depends on how needy the children are in the morning.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usgaone
I can help if needed. Just depends on how needy the children are in the morning.
You were who I was thinking of.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

I'll be the first to admit I'm a rookie and would take any help I can offered. Been looking to get involved and this seems like it's going to be a good time. Any minimum requirements for your jeep? Running stock with duratracs, no lift or anything. Just wanted to double check before registering.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will gladly help people disconnect and air down. I don't know everything but I'm willing to give any knowledge I have!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

im all over helping out any way i can .... you got me guys

Quick Reply: T4T Main Event Pre-Run Safety Checks/101 Clinic