Notices
Fallen Heroes Jeep Build JK Forum is proud to announce our partnership with US Army veteran Robert Basil, builder of the Fallen Heroes Car, in the building of the Fallen Heroes Jeep, a rolling, crawling, mudding tribute to America's military veterans. Over the next few months you can watch as Rebel Off-Road brings together components from our generous project partners in the creation of a tough and capable JK to be unveiled at Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. The Fallen Heroes Jeep will then spend its weekends attending car shows, off road shows and wheeling events reminding folks of the great debt of gratitude we owe our military service men and women.

Intro from Robert Basil - Founder of the Fallen Heroes Jeep

Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 PM
JKF Supported Project

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intro from Robert Basil - Founder of the Fallen Heroes Jeep

My name is Robert Basil. My wife Theresa and I are the founders of the Fallen Heroes Jeep project @ http://www.fallenheroesjeep.com

What is the Fallen Heroes Jeep?
The Fallen Heroes Jeep is a way for my wife and I to help raise awareness to the general public for our veterans and current active duty military that have (and continue to) sacrifice everything so that we can have the freedoms available to us in this great country of ours. We found that the longer a war goes on people tend to grow tired and "forget" about our troops. We want to change that. We are not "Pro War" or "Anti-War" we are PRO TROOPS!

What gave you the idea for the Fallen Heroes Jeep?
We started our awareness campaign back in 2006 with a Scion xB and we called it the Fallen Heroes Car. Since then we have attended hundreds of car shows, parades, charity events and unfortunately, funerals in support of our troops. The different events we have attended have raised over $500,000 for different troop charities. But with all of the travel we had put just under 300,000 miles on the Fallen Heroes Car. So when it came time to "retire" the old girl we knew we couldn't stop supporting our troops. So for our next Fallen Heroes vehicle we chose the #1 military vehicle. A Jeep!

Who bought the Jeep?
The Jeep is a 2011 Wrangler Sport. My wife and I bought it our own money, but we are relying on the many great aftermarket companies in the Jeep community to help us create a Jeep truly worthy of the name Fallen Heroes Jeep.

What types of events will you be attending with the Fallen Heroes Jeep?
The events we always try and attend above others (if we have a scheduling conflict) are veteran funerals and charity events, not just troop charity events we attend any event for a worthwhile cause. We are partial to troops charities and children charities though. After those events we plan on attending as many Jeep events and car shows as possible.

What will the Fallen Heroes Jeep look like?
We plan creating a modern version on a WWII military Jeep. It will be OD green with a white star on the hood and doors along with the other military markings of the time period. The rest will be up to our many great sponsors.

Do you do this full time?
No, we would love to... but we both have day jobs. Once in a while we can get a few days off of work to attend a special event but most events we attend are on the weekends and held around the southwestern US. (We live in Phoenix). In the past we have attended events in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado and we plan on doing the same with the Fallen Heroes Jeep. If you have an event is this area that you would like us to attend feel free to contact me at robert@fallenheroesjeep.com

Will you make any money with the Fallen Heroes Jeep?
No, and we would never accept any money (yes, we have been offered before and turned it down many times). Our investment is our time. But we get so much more in return in meeting the thousands of other volunteers and veterans, we are paid back a hundred times over. We consider that our payment.

How long do you plan on doing charity events with the Fallen Heroes Jeep?
Well, we made a Scion xB last 7 years and almost 300,000 miles. I'm sure we can make a Jeep last longer than that, don't ya think?

I would like to extend a personal Thank You to JK-Forum and especially Bill "DesertJeep" Craig for all of his help in introducing us to the many sponsors on the Fallen Heroes Jeep. My wife and I are brand new to the Jeep community and his help has been a Godsend.

If you have any questions or comments you can post them in the Fallen Heroes Jeep area here on the JK-Forum or you can email me directly at robert@fallenheroesjeep.com I always answer each and every message although it might take me a few days if we are traveling attending an event.

Thanks!

Robert Basil - Founder
The Fallen Heroes Jeep
http://www.fallenheroesjeep.com
robert@fallenheroesjeep.com
The following users liked this post:
Jgilbert39 (06-07-2023)
Old 01-28-2014, 09:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice write up helps to understand the motivation for the build! Looking forward to following the build and the unveiling at Moab EJS and so glad to see the forum helping the community it serves!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robert,

I shipped out your Angry Off Road grab handles today. The white/ OD green color combo looks awesome! If you have any questions about the installation process just let us know. In the package we included front grab handles, rear grab handles, head rest grab handles and a large sound bar grab handle. Please send me some installed pictures when the Jeep is ready.

Erik
AngryOffRoad.com

Last edited by olsen185; 02-10-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

I currently serve in the military and I would like to personally thank you for such remarkable patriotism. I own an automotive lighting and accessory shop on the side in Alabama. If you need some ideas or anything else, please don't hesitate. My jeep is a 13 JK Sahara that I modified to a military type style. Please check it out if you have an opportunity. Thanks again for all you do. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Old 03-06-2014, 06:35 AM
JKF Supported Project

Originally Posted by jpolice66
I currently serve in the military and I would like to personally thank you for such remarkable patriotism. I own an automotive lighting and accessory shop on the side in Alabama. If you need some ideas or anything else, please don't hesitate. My jeep is a 13 JK Sahara that I modified to a military type style. Please check it out if you have an opportunity. Thanks again for all you do. Attachment 535523Attachment 535524Attachment 535525
Your Jeep is AWSOME! Please call me at 602-910-3797 or email robert@fallenheroesjeep.com

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sir,

My name is Nate Giannini and I started Battle Scar Off Road. I thank you for what you are doing for Veterans. I am a 90% disabled combat vet at the ripe old age of 30.

Battle Scar Off Road is designed to take disabled veterans and their families out on the trails and on off road excursions. I focus the trips on respect, family, safety and fun. It's a way for the vets to get out and enjoy life. .. What better way than in a Jeep.

If you are ever in the York PA area, please feel free to call me. I'd love to buy you and your wife a beer (or soda) and shake your hand.

Thank you for taking care of my brothers and sisters,

Nate Giannini
Battle Scar Off Road
Old 03-19-2014, 11:40 AM
JKF Supported Project

Nate,

Thank you for the Kudos and thank you for your service! Would love to have a few beers with you if we make it out that way.

Love your vet charity. Have you seen another that is like yours called 4 Wheel 2 Heal? I want to start a Phoenix chapter with the FHJ.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Robert,
Great to see someone doing something like this for out Vets. I too am a Disabled Vet and this is simply superb.
John
Old 03-19-2014, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate1005
Sir,

My name is Nate Giannini and I started Battle Scar Off Road. I thank you for what you are doing for Veterans. I am a 90% disabled combat vet at the ripe old age of 30.

Battle Scar Off Road is designed to take disabled veterans and their families out on the trails and on off road excursions. I focus the trips on respect, family, safety and fun. It's a way for the vets to get out and enjoy life. .. What better way than in a Jeep.

If you are ever in the York PA area, please feel free to call me. I'd love to buy you and your wife a beer (or soda) and shake your hand.

Thank you for taking care of my brothers and sisters,

Nate Giannini
Battle Scar Off Road
Nate,
Sounds like you have a great organization. Are you by chance going to make it to the Butler Jeep Fest in June?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I fully intend on going. Right now, the Jeep is in need of some serious repairs. I need a new front axle, but I might limp up there on the stock 30 front.

Quick Reply: Intro from Robert Basil - Founder of the Fallen Heroes Jeep