Notices
Fallen Heroes Jeep Build JK Forum is proud to announce our partnership with US Army veteran Robert Basil, builder of the Fallen Heroes Car, in the building of the Fallen Heroes Jeep, a rolling, crawling, mudding tribute to America's military veterans. Over the next few months you can watch as Rebel Off-Road brings together components from our generous project partners in the creation of a tough and capable JK to be unveiled at Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. The Fallen Heroes Jeep will then spend its weekends attending car shows, off road shows and wheeling events reminding folks of the great debt of gratitude we owe our military service men and women.

Intro from Robert Basil - Founder of the Fallen Heroes Jeep

Old 04-16-2014, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ya'll ROCK! Brand new to this forum.

Howdy Robert and everyone else who has posted on this thread.
I'm Chaplain TIG with Children of Fallen Soldiers and America's Children of Fallen Heroes.
We serve those who have lost a hero parent.
It's an honor to meet you all.

Robert, what you and your wife have been doing makes such a significantly positive impact. Keep up the great work!

We are currently building a 2014 JK rig called "Screaming Eagle" for our “On Behalf of a Grateful Nation” 2014-15 National Tour.
Attachment 546369

I'd love to talk to you.

We have 40,000 miles planned over the next 16 months.
In June, we launch... off to Austin, TX for X-Games.
Attachment 546370
HERE ARE SOME 2014 HIGHLIGHTS
June: X-Games in Austin TX (VIP EOA filming in Phoenix, Austin, Houston, Dallas, and Sonoma)
July: 4th of July Parade in Washington, D.C.
August: National Marine Corps League Conference in West Virginia
September: Hollywood Celebrity EOA Filming Event
October: San Diego Miramar Air Show
November: Veteran’s Day Celebration with the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field

Please reach out.
My direct call/text is (949) 371-5844.

Thanks again - TIG
Old 04-21-2014, 05:30 PM
JKF Supported Project

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the late reply. I have been in Moab the last 5 days. I will call you this week for sure!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Robert
Great meeting you last week out in Moab!
Really cool build going on here and proud to be a part of it.
See you around.
Matt
Old 04-22-2014, 03:50 PM
JKF Supported Project

Originally Posted by Dynomax
Robert
Great meeting you last week out in Moab!
Really cool build going on here and proud to be a part of it.
See you around.
Matt
Matt,

It was great to meet you as well! Look for some major updates to the sponsor list and updates about the Moab trip on our website this week.

P.S. The exhaust sounds GREAT! Soooo much better than stock!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thank you

Thank you for what you're doing. I can't wait to see this project finished. I'm serving in the Air Force in Germany right now and just bought my first "Real Jeep" What you and your wife are doing is amazing, and would love to help any way I could.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Patriotism ROLL ON !!!!

Nice to see someone doing something this nice for My fellow Brothers ad Sisters in Arms. I am currently in Afghanistan and love hearing about Americans doing good things for those that serve and Do our part. But to be forgotten about when we return from combat zones just because they aren't highlighted in the news anymore. TY Very much for keeping US in your thoughts and dreams.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Did this Jeep ever get finished? Here is my 13 JK has the Freedom and Oscar Mike packages did the Wheelers for the wounded off road event in Texas last year and will again this year. IMAG0873.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMAG1160_BURST010_1.jpg (1.02 MB, 12 views)

Last edited by Justintyme8303; 03-16-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks so much for your project Robert.

Thanks for all your support to the vet community. Thought you would appreciate my project..my Combat Tracker jeep (next to mrap).

Originally Posted by FallenHeroesJeep
My name is Robert Basil. My wife Theresa and I are the founders of the Fallen Heroes Jeep project @ http://www.fallenheroesjeep.com

What is the Fallen Heroes Jeep?
The Fallen Heroes Jeep is a way for my wife and I to help raise awareness to the general public for our veterans and current active duty military that have (and continue to) sacrifice everything so that we can have the freedoms available to us in this great country of ours. We found that the longer a war goes on people tend to grow tired and "forget" about our troops. We want to change that. We are not "Pro War" or "Anti-War" we are PRO TROOPS!

What gave you the idea for the Fallen Heroes Jeep?
We started our awareness campaign back in 2006 with a Scion xB and we called it the Fallen Heroes Car. Since then we have attended hundreds of car shows, parades, charity events and unfortunately, funerals in support of our troops. The different events we have attended have raised over $500,000 for different troop charities. But with all of the travel we had put just under 300,000 miles on the Fallen Heroes Car. So when it came time to "retire" the old girl we knew we couldn't stop supporting our troops. So for our next Fallen Heroes vehicle we chose the #1 military vehicle. A Jeep!

Who bought the Jeep?
The Jeep is a 2011 Wrangler Sport. My wife and I bought it our own money, but we are relying on the many great aftermarket companies in the Jeep community to help us create a Jeep truly worthy of the name Fallen Heroes Jeep.

What types of events will you be attending with the Fallen Heroes Jeep?
The events we always try and attend above others (if we have a scheduling conflict) are veteran funerals and charity events, not just troop charity events we attend any event for a worthwhile cause. We are partial to troops charities and children charities though. After those events we plan on attending as many Jeep events and car shows as possible.

What will the Fallen Heroes Jeep look like?
We plan creating a modern version on a WWII military Jeep. It will be OD green with a white star on the hood and doors along with the other military markings of the time period. The rest will be up to our many great sponsors.

Do you do this full time?
No, we would love to... but we both have day jobs. Once in a while we can get a few days off of work to attend a special event but most events we attend are on the weekends and held around the southwestern US. (We live in Phoenix). In the past we have attended events in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado and we plan on doing the same with the Fallen Heroes Jeep. If you have an event is this area that you would like us to attend feel free to contact me at robert@fallenheroesjeep.com

Will you make any money with the Fallen Heroes Jeep?
No, and we would never accept any money (yes, we have been offered before and turned it down many times). Our investment is our time. But we get so much more in return in meeting the thousands of other volunteers and veterans, we are paid back a hundred times over. We consider that our payment.

How long do you plan on doing charity events with the Fallen Heroes Jeep?
Well, we made a Scion xB last 7 years and almost 300,000 miles. I'm sure we can make a Jeep last longer than that, don't ya think?

I would like to extend a personal Thank You to JK-Forum and especially Bill "DesertJeep" Craig for all of his help in introducing us to the many sponsors on the Fallen Heroes Jeep. My wife and I are brand new to the Jeep community and his help has been a Godsend.

Thanks for all your support to the vet community. Thought you would appreciate my project..my Combat Tracker jeep (next to mrap).

If you have any questions or comments you can post them in the Fallen Heroes Jeep area here on the JK-Forum or you can email me directly at robert@fallenheroesjeep.com I always answer each and every message although it might take me a few days if we are traveling attending an event.

Thanks!

Robert Basil - Founder
The Fallen Heroes Jeep
http://www.fallenheroesjeep.com
robert@fallenheroesjeep.com

Quick Reply: Intro from Robert Basil - Founder of the Fallen Heroes Jeep