Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

Logon issue

Old 11-16-2009, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Logon issue

Lately, when I login, sometimes the upper right corner welcome screen does not show me as logged in. Then I log in it shows my login name. Only to find out when I post a response, I have to log in again. Also, after I am logged in, it does not seem to remember the last time I logged in, so messages I have allready viewed show as new.

I did just switch to Internet Explorer 8. Could I have a setting off?

Thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 02:54 AM
JK Newbie

You shouldn't have any problems with the default IE8 settings, what you're describing could be caused by unusually strict cookie settings or by third party security software. I would start by resetting IE's settings (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...rer-8-settings), if that doesn't work switch to a better web browser like Mozilla Firefox (or Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Opera). All versions of IE should work just fine though, good luck.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toad
Do you have it the little check box to remember you? That seems to help alot.
I'm going to try that, I have always used something called roboform that works with the browser to log me in.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by INinjaAndy
You shouldn't have any problems with the default IE8 settings, what you're describing could be caused by unusually strict cookie settings or by third party security software. I would start by resetting IE's settings (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...rer-8-settings), if that doesn't work switch to a better web browser like Mozilla Firefox (or Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Opera). All versions of IE should work just fine though, good luck.
Thanks, I have the default settings all except for one I relaxed ("allow active content to run"). This was so I did not get a permission message when starting the factory Jeep service manual.

Quick Reply: Logon issue