Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

Photobucket

Old 07-27-2017, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Photobucket

For years Photobucket was the best way to post and view photos onto forums. Unfortunately, now days all you get to see is the " You need to update to third party hosting to be able to see these images". Then you get to go to their site just to find out that to be able to see these images, you have to fork over $400!!!! WTH?! Is there another way to see these images?
Old 07-27-2017, 04:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not unless the original photo owner pays the $400 ransom or moves their images somewhere else and edits all of their posts.

Photo-f*ck-off can kiss my a$$.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:00 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

If you can, please download your images from Photobucket and host those related to JK Forum threads here on the JK server.

Bob
Old 07-28-2017, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedlimit
If you can, please download your images from Photobucket and host those related to JK Forum threads here on the JK server.

Bob
That's what I have been doing. It's just a shame that photobucket has to be that way. I really can't see very manyh people paying that $400. Maybe they'll smarten up.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I started using Flickr to host my photos. Still free and still 1TB of storage that allows posting on forums and websites.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

https://www.technewsworld.com/story/85458.html

"Photo-hosting service Photobucket in May quietly restored third-party hosting of photos, reversing its unpopular year-old policy that required users to pay nearly US$400 in subscription fees for hosting privileges.

Ted Leonard, who joined the company last fall as its finance officer last fall, took the reins as CEO in March and had the images turned back on in May. The reversal, which took place with little fanfare, was viewed as an attempt to correct what was regarded as a business debacle."
Old 08-13-2018, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

There are still several free places to host pics online, including here as others have mentioned.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jk_southwest
There are still several free places to host pics online, including here as others have mentioned.
Agreed, but at least all of the broken images in just about every single forum around the world are working again. For now.

Last edited by ShutterBug; 08-13-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
https://www.technewsworld.com/story/85458.html

"Photo-hosting service Photobucket in May quietly restored third-party hosting of photos, reversing its unpopular year-old policy that required users to pay nearly US$400 in subscription fees for hosting privileges.

Ted Leonard, who joined the company last fall as its finance officer last fall, took the reins as CEO in March and had the images turned back on in May. The reversal, which took place with little fanfare, was viewed as an attempt to correct what was regarded as a business debacle."
That's interesting. I had just been revisiting Ronjenx's old rubicon locker study and did think it was odd all those pictures were there again on an old thread. So much good legacy info out there, it will be nice to have the support pictures back in action.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

There is some satisfaction to know that PB must have suffered badly to roll that change back a year later. I won't go back to them (Flickr is fine) but it is nice to have all those old photos available again.