Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Supension issues

Old 06-24-2018, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supension issues

looking for supension experts in chicago
Old 06-25-2018, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

If you drive your jeep the same way your avatar is, you're full droop constantly front and rear huh? is that the issue?

J/K, you're probably not likely to get much feedback on looking for an "expert" in a certain area, but if you post what kind of troubles you're having I bet you'll get some advice here.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
If you drive your jeep the same way your avatar is, you're full droop constantly front and rear huh? is that the issue?

J/K, you're probably not likely to get much feedback on looking for an "expert" in a certain area, but if you post what kind of troubles you're having I bet you'll get some advice here.
lmao some guy told me that everything is fully extended like my shocks. My first Jeep new to this
Old 06-25-2018, 10:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Marcelo3547
lmao some guy told me that everything is fully extended like my shocks. My first Jeep new to this
Take a minute and fill out your profile with a few details regarding your equipment. Not having anything to go from, I'm guessing you (or somebody) popped on some taller springs, and the shocks you have are undersided....so technically they "look" like they work, but they are already close to fully extended sitting at road height. If this is the case, you will really need to get some longer shocks, and you most likely could use some control arm brackets cuz I'm guessing your caster is too low. Fill in a few details about your current suspension for us.....
Old 06-25-2018, 10:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Seeing that you have a 2008, and you're new to this......I'm thinking this is probably the work of a previous owner and you may not know what is or is not installed on it. If THAT is the case, take some pictures from under the jeep and we can help identify things if possible. Take pictures of the track bar, drag link, tie rod, and ball joints up front. take pictures of the control arms and the frame side control arm brackets. If you need to find the actual amount of lift you have, here is how to measure up front -

Quick Reply: Supension issues